Motorcycle TX rear install spot

oktavf

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks to @Phantom Z3 I got another NON BLACK TX for a good price.

Now I need placement ideas. My biggest concern is reflections from the center diode making the RX go nuts if I go right above it like my Picaso artwork shows but maybe I'm wrong. I usually run the 3rd bag but not always. Either way. Ideas!? Included the front pic that works 100% but doubtful I can do that in the rear! Not to mention this single RX like this was 100% versus a Stalker RLR but DE beyond bad as expected! :cashwallet:

20210804_163238.jpg

20210804_163228.jpg

20190518_195226.jpg

Last edited:

The Pope

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I like the extended mounting bracket/plate that I believe that you're suggesting.

If so, I'd use the two Rack Bolts that are already there to attach the bracket/plate. I'd also put 4 holes in the plate, two for when the Top Box (3rd Box) wasn't there, so that the TX could be pulled back to just under the rack and the second set of holes to hold the TX out where you've drawn it to be when the Top Box (3rd Box) was mounted.

Just be aware to reduce flex/vibrations that one or two longitudinal bends in the bracket/plate or the addition of a piece of Angle will be needed. Because you don't want the TX hanging out there moving around like it's on the tail of a dog.

Phantom Z3

The new kid on the block...
Advanced User
Reaction score
My $0.02 is maybe mount the TX where the RX is and mount the RX high. No reflections but overpass shots under 200ft might be dicey since the bag is obstructing. But that issue would be apparent even if the TX was there.

Maybe TX under plate and RX under brake light? Don't know how much road shmoo gets kicked up.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Your position of the extended bracket is good I think.
Use some polyurethane glue to stiffen bracket to bottom of the top case.

Option: If that is only a reflector on the rear of the case, how about removing reflector and make an insert to hold TX there in place of reflector?

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
On those blinkers (almost said reverse lights lol) so they perhaps sell aftermarket replacements that are rectangular instead of that diamond shape? It seems like if so then mounting an RX on top of one and a TX on top of the other might be ideal.

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
On those blinkers (almost said reverse lights lol) so they perhaps sell aftermarket replacements that are rectangular instead of that diamond shape? It seems like if so then mounting an RX on top of one and a TX on top of the other might be ideal.
If his blinkers are like mine, they're rubber mounted, flexible and bouncy.
Move around alot.

oktavf

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
If his blinkers are like mine, they're rubber mounted, flexible and bouncy.
Move around alot.

Very bouncy and by design as such...

oktavf

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Bouncier than this?

This is my current front TX install
Yes... How much does the TX have to stick out past its face to be effective?? I know the RX a bit past grills etc but TX same or? Thought some people went flush with emblems etc.

oktavf

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Can you double sided tape the bracket up onto the underside of the case, to be more ridgid?

oktavf

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Can you double sided tape the bracket up onto the underside of the case, to be more ridgid?
Aside from me randomly removing the top box the mount is all metal except the plate which is plastic. But the top box actually bounces abit also by design to not rip the mounting. So it'll be more sturdy attached to the plate as shown!

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
That bounce looks fine to me. It’s never going to be stationary. Let ‘er ride.

Phantom Z3

The new kid on the block...
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes... How much does the TX have to stick out past its face to be effective?? I know the RX a bit past grills etc but TX same or? Thought some people went flush with emblems etc.
My TX is recessed. As long as you can "see" all three diodes, it should jam. Where this gets complicated is reflections.

With my setup, it acts like horse blinders so if anything, it's helping rather than harming. With your bike, I'd worry about reflections off the top bag into the RX since the beam isn't perfect. But it also depends on how far ahead the TX is vs the RX.

Testing testing testing.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdubz