Uniden R3 screen has gone black

Konstraint

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So I've had my r3 for about 3months now. And since yesterday the display screen has stopped working. I can still hear the radar announcements and can go through the menu using audible cues but no the screen stays black/off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Aez

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Have you tried re installing firmware with recovery mode?

mattguy10

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Is it possible you put the screen in “off” or “dark” mode? If there is no blinking dot on the screen, then it wouldn’t be in dark mode, but it’s possible it’s in off mode which means the detector is still fully functional (if it’s working properly that is), the screen just doesn’t light up and you get audio only…

Press and hold the mute button on either the power cord or detector itself to enter the “brightness” menu, then each press after that cycles through the different brightness options.

Edit to add: although if the menu is not displaying either, this is probably not the case.. I read your OP a little too quick, oops.

Try the firmware re-install as mentioned above and if no dice, then I would reach out to Uniden support.

Last edited:

Zoltani

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So I've had my r3 for about 3months now. And since yesterday the display screen has stopped working. I can still hear the radar announcements and can go through the menu using audible cues but no the screen stays black/off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
One of the programmable menu options in the display brightness in addition to bright, dim, dimmer, and dark is "OFF" Cycle thru the menu to be sure that you haven't inadvertently selected "OFF"

Konstraint

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Is it possible you put the screen in “off” or “dark” mode? If there is no blinking dot on the screen, then it wouldn’t be in dark mode, but it’s possible it’s in off mode which means the detector is still fully functional (if it’s working properly that is), the screen just doesn’t light up and you get audio only…

Press and hold the mute button on either the power cord or detector itself to enter the “brightness” menu, then each press after that cycles through the different brightness options.

Edit to add: although if the menu is not displaying either, this is probably not the case.. I read your OP a little too quick, oops.

Try the firmware re-install as mentioned above and if no dice, then I would reach out to Uniden support.
Thank you! The unit had gone into dark mode (oops!)

Viking59

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen with a previous R3. Sent it in, and Uniden replaced it. Fantastic service.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agoose