ham license?

Lucky225

Advanced User
Reaction score
It’s not a story. It’s an observation. If it’s your belief that charging any processing fee or other fees for licensing is actually illegal, then you (or more likely the ARRL) can sue for an injunction and to scrap it altogether.
ARRL has lost it's backbone. They won't be doing anything. FCC declared homebrew illegal - in 2018, the ARRL released some statement that they're 'in talks' with the FCC about the enforcement advisory they made that essentially banned homebrews (but was aimed at Baofengs) and the whole thing blew over, the FCC hasn't admitted they're wrong and still has the enforcement notice posted and ARRL is just pretending it's not a thing http://www.arrl.org/news/arrl-fcc-discussing-issue-of-uncertified-imported-vhf-uhf-transceivers

V1Jake

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
This is a good vid I saw regarding the current state of the ARRL

Btw, passed my General and Extra this past Sunday. Already purchased HF gear. Yaesu FT-891 :D

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Btw, passed my General and Extra this past Sunday.
Holy cow congratulations, man! I didn’t even remember you were going for it! Nicely done. I’ve got my general ticket and would like to get my Extra as well just to say I have it and to open up those extra bits of the bands.

Already purchased HF gear. Yaesu FT-891 :D
Nice! That’s a whole different antenna setup and approach as I’m sure you know. Interesting choice of radios. Are you intending to set yourself up for mobile operation in the field? I just got an FT-991A recently for HF work and to handle VHF/UHF work in the shack, including C4FM.

V1Jake

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Holy cow congratulations, man! I didn’t even remember you were going for it! Nicely done. I’ve got my general ticket and would like to get my Extra as well just to say I have it and to open up those extra bits of the bands.

Nice! That’s a whole different antenna setup and approach as I’m sure you know. Interesting choice of radios. Are you intending to set yourself up for mobile operation in the field? I just got an FT-991A recently for HF work and to handle VHF/UHF work in the shack, including C4FM.

Thanks man! Been studying for three weeks or so and took it online.

Yea, I got the 891 so it's easier to take in the car and set up somewhere. I'm going to get myself this battery

btw 911, NICE!

or

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Corgi Lovers
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Btw, passed my General and Extra this past Sunday. Already purchased HF gear. Yaesu FT-891 :D

Congratulations on passing your General and Extra exams! 👍😎

I passed both my Technicians and General exams at the same session in 2014 and have always meant to take my Extra but haven’t put in the time yet. 😉

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm going to get myself this battery
I’ve had good luck with and highly recommend Dakota Lithium. They’re also available at no markup with Prime:

Dakota Lithium | 12V 18Ah LiFePO4 | 11 Year USA Warranty 2000+ Deep Cycle Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M8X3PVX/?tag=rdf0cd0c-20

I passed both my Technicians and General exams at the same session in 2014 and have always meant to take my Extra but haven’t put in the time yet. 😉
Ha! I did the same thing. Got my general in the same session after my Tech but didn’t get my Extra (only got 50% of the Extra questions right). I kick myself for not having followed up right after, because I missed out on the opportunity to put in for my dream 1x2 call. Oh well.

V1Jake

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Did my first Parks On The Air this morning. 156 QSOs in just over 2 hours. What a rush! So much fun

arvetus

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I became disenfranchised with the ARRL when they started pushing constant FEMA training to be a part of ARES. I still pay for my membership, but I've been considering letting it drop.

LibbyD

PSL +5
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I did not renew my membership this year, for the first time ever. Have had my 'Extra' ticket since 2011.
There's a chance I will renew at some point, but have not been impressed with the organization. Problem is, it's the only real advocate we have.

I became disenfranchised with the ARRL when they started pushing constant FEMA training to be a part of ARES. I still pay for my membership, but I've been considering letting it drop.

arvetus

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I did not renew my membership this year, for the first time ever. Have had my 'Extra' ticket since 2011.
There's a chance I will renew at some point, but have not been impressed with the organization. Problem is, it's the only real advocate we have.
Yup. That's been my whole problem with dropping my membership dues.... and why I haven't yet.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDude