Uniden R3 Database Update

Zoltani

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Relatively new to Uniden R3 firmware updating. My R3 has 1.54 firmware 2.15 (?) and wanted to know if there are simple steps for downloading and installing just the database. I noticed that Uniden releases database updates sometimes separately rather than bundled with new firmware revisions. I don't want to make any mistakes when updated just the newest database for speed and red light photo enforcement. Thanks for any newbie tips for dummies in updating just the database for the R3.

420smoke

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You just download the camera updates from Uniden website and place them on your radar as if you were doing an update. I've noticed Uniden has cleaned up the download section so it should be way easier.

Zoltani

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Great. Thanks for the quick response. I did a firmware update about a year ago on a R1 that I owned and it was a bit confusing, but I got it after a few attempts. Hoping that the database-only update for the R3 is simpler ... Appreciate your encouragement.

Zoltani

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
You just download the camera updates from Uniden website and place them on your radar as if you were doing an update. I've noticed Uniden has cleaned up the download section so it should be way easier.
Uniden's most current posted downloadable red light and speed camera photo enforcement database for the Uniden R3 DB_20210702.bin is misnamed in as much as it instead contains the database for the Uniden R7. As such, it cannot be installed on the R3. I brought this to the attention of Uniden Customer Service and they were unaware and had no solution. My guess, Uniden software engineers will make a fix and put proper R3 database DB_20210702.bin in this file, or perhaps the current database will be bundled with the next Uniden R3 Firmware update.

Last edited:

420smoke

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Great. Thanks for the quick response. I did a firmware update about a year ago on a R1 that I owned and it was a bit confusing, but I got it after a few attempts. Hoping that the database-only update for the R3 is simpler ... Appreciate your encouragement

Uniden's most current posted downloadable red light and speed camera photo enforcement database for the Uniden R3 DB_20210702.bin is misnamed in as much as it instead contains the database for the Uniden R7. As such, it cannot be installed on the R3. I brought this to the attention of Uniden Customer Service and they were unaware and had no solution. My guess, Uniden software engineers, will make a fix and put proper R3 database DB_20210702.bin in this file, or perhaps the current database will be bundled with the next Uniden R3 Firmware update.

You download the camera updates from the Uniden website and place them on your radar as if you were doing an update. I've noticed Uniden has cleaned up the download section, so it should be way easier.
The r7 database for speed cams will work with the R3. It's the firmware you can't mix up, or it won't work. It's as simple as that mine friend.

Zoltani

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Great, but the Uniden R Series SW Download Tool v.1.28 will not allow B_20210702.bin to be installed to the R3 radar detector. So, although the database is no doubt identical for both the R3 and the R7, it does not work as a stand-alone DB download with the v 1.54 R3 firmware preinstalled.

jonup

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Great, but the Uniden R Series SW Download Tool v.1.28 will not allow B_20210702.bin to be installed to the R3 radar detector. So, although the database is no doubt identical for both the R3 and the R7, it does not work as a stand-alone DB download with the v 1.54 R3 firmware preinstalled.
The databases are interchangeable between all Uniden RDs including the DFR models. If you are having a problem installing it is something on your end. Can you try different PC and/or cable. As you can see the database is listed in the R3 downloads page as well. You can try downloading it from there link. I would also suggest trying out the custom database the @Mithheru maintains in this section. It is already synced/updated with the latest Uniden db.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agoose