Using your own Radar/Laser Detector to test if your TMG is actually firing.

Scoot

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I searched for this and could not find anyone who had done or verified so here goes.....

I was curious to know that indeed my heads were firing and not just alerting, that the system was sound and there wasn't anything wrong with my heads.The possibility is there that even though the system alerts, it isn't actually firing. I used my own Radar/laser detector to do so. I then proceeded to blank off each head, and make sure each one individually set off my R3. Take a look at the video, let me know what you guys think.

Phantom Z3

The new kid on the block...
Advanced User
Reaction score
I searched for this and could not find anyone who had done or verified so here goes.....

I was curious to know that indeed my heads were firing and not just alerting, that the system was sound and there wasn't anything wrong with my heads.The possibility is there that even though the system alerts, it isn't actually firing. I used my own Radar/laser detector to do so. I then proceeded to blank off each head, and make sure each one individually set off my R3. Take a look at the video, let me know what you guys think.

This is okay, but the radar detector will go off so long as one head fires. A camera with night vision like Wyze ($25 or so) can see the heads firing heads firing. This way you can tell if one of the heads are bad.

Last edited:

rwsmith123

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Look at the IR led from a remote (while pressing some buttons) using the camera of your phone, you should see it light up. You can do the same with the jammer heads.

Scoot

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Look at the IR led from a remote (while pressing some buttons) using the camera of your phone, you should see it light up. You can do the same with the jammer heads.
Tried with my phone. It wouldn't pick up
Post automatically merged:

This is okay, but the radar detector will go off so long as one head fires. A camera with night vision like Wyze ($25 or so) can see the heads firing heads firing. This way you can tell if one of the heads are bad.

Here's a few examples.

The second video is parking mode on ALP.
" I then proceeded to blank off each head, and make sure each one individually set off my R3"

Phantom Z3

The new kid on the block...
Advanced User
Reaction score
This sometimes works on cheaper phones. Selfie cameras are a bit better at showing this. On some cameras you can actually take out that IR filter to turn it into a night vision camera

Tried with my phone. It wouldn't pick up

" I then proceeded to blank off each head, and make sure each one individually set off my R3"
Ahh sorry. Driving back from Philly so I couldn't hear very well over the exhaust drone lol.

Last edited:

WalterTheRadarWizard9999

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Thats cool good job

BaileyAB

Whats PSL? Autobahn bro, A.U.T.O.B.A.H.N.!!!!!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Taken with LG G7 normal cam mode.
20210716_171922.jpg

Scoot

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
hmmmm. I tried with both my android and iphone and was never able to see them light up. 🤷‍♂️

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdubz