2019 F250 ALP Front Placement

Tech10002

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Looking for some opinions on front placement for a 3 head ALP system with 2 RX and 1 TX on my 2019 F250. There are lots of places to fit sensors on this ginormous grill, but I'd like to use 3D printed mounts to protect the gasket on the RX heads, so the much wider inboard opening has room for this. It's about 20" to the far edge of the headlights in this position and it covers the hood and the bumper too.

I can go high in the grill or low with the TX sensor, with proposed high location red and low in green. It seems most people like to go high if it's not possible to go directly inline. With as much chrome as I have, I know it's pretty likely I'll have to go dual TX, but I'll get tested first and just mount then sensors with double side tape for now.

What do you guys think?
truckgrilllocations2.jpg

Holla

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
If it was my truck, RED all the way-I think that will do great--but always get tested after install to make sure!!!

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I agree red is the most likely option, but you could move that TX up a slat for optimal view and minimal reflections.

What’s the measurement between the RX heads themselves and from the RX heads to the license plate?

Depending on what you’re facing you’re probably fine, but you may want to consider a 3 RX setup, and it may help to switch to a blacked out grille insert (and bumper).

Jdem

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Did a similar install on a truck like this and used pretty much your all red locations and it performs well.

Tech10002

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ll go with the upper TX setup and see how it tests. I travel through several states that have DET, so I can’t go with a 3 RX setup. I’m thinking I’ll probably have to go dual TX front and rear to limit punch throughs on DET, but I’m gonna try with 1 first. I’ve already spent over 5 grand doing both our vehicles, so don’t wanna spend another $800 unless I have to. The wife thinks I’m nuts already. Lol. I’d rather go dual TX than make the truck look like a base XL work truck by swapping to the plain grill and bumper, though. Plus the wife would never let me.

tvfd

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ll go with the upper TX setup and see how it tests. I travel through several states that have DET, so I can’t go with a 3 RX setup. I’m thinking I’ll probably have to go dual TX front and rear to limit punch throughs on DET, but I’m gonna try with 1 first. I’ve already spent over 5 grand doing both our vehicles, so don’t wanna spend another $800 unless I have to. The wife thinks I’m nuts already. Lol. I’d rather go dual TX than make the truck look like a base XL work truck by swapping to the plain grill and bumper, though. Plus the wife would never let me.
I was wondering any update for us did you ever get it tested ?

Did you end up needing extra TX?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDude