Help Me With V1G2 Excessive K Band Falsing to BSM & Door Openers

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@OBeerWANKenobi
All the pics and advice are a great help and muchly appreciated.
Makes me feel sort of bad for the funny photos tribute to you.
Sort of....

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
So I had to go out to the bank and pick up take out a little while ago.
Drove some of the spots and strip mall I had issues with, including neighborhood door openers.

I noticed lots less of the V1G2 seeing signals that light up the display arrows
Not a peep out of JBV1.
I deliberately drove through bad spots, and Bogey Counter displayed the correct number of bogeys, instead of ramping up to high numbers
I deliberately tried to punch through, got up to 5 bars little L mode and not a peep from JBV1 or unmuted alert from V1G2.

So for much more promising, but I've had some good drives before, and traffic was extremely light.
I'm heading out for a couple hours of Saturday night cruising in the forest fire smoke, and will post up what happens later.
Hunting CRVs I go....
Post automatically merged:

Oh, yeah,...
Would this mean the Factory Reset may have straightened up the detector if I find this improvement to hold true?

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
That sounds a lot more like I would expect. My V1 is constantly lit up like a Christmas tree when driving through locked out alerts or other false-heavy areas on silent ride, but JBV1 keeps it quiet.

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
So I haven't said much the last couple of days, but driving time in the city has been limited.
I think things are better handled now.
Perhaps the detector after a factory reset is a tiny bit more stable for bogey counts, and not creating punch through the filtering, but I've not had time to find a BSM offender to see if it freaks out.
JBV1 settings changes has made it quieter, and handling K stuff much better overall.

So far I would be claiming of at least a small overall improvement, but the real tests to come before I declare I'm cured.
I did get today another 35.5 Ka false from a passing Ram HD. So a downer there.

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Bad news
Caught on video in my truck. Not much difference between truck and motorcycle.

That same CRV pulled out onto highway as I went by, triggering an alert punching through logic modes, and JBV1 filtering.
Then I backed off, let her pass and things went nuts again, multiple bogies, punches through even when at stops, smashes logic mode and JBV1.
Mostly when off in BSM quarter panel sightlines. No signal directly behind.
It does bounce off other vehicles as they pass however, triggering alerts on & off.

CRV 2019 Touring trim level.

Door openers are still similar, maybe a touch better, but JBV1 making the difference there with more quiet.

Still getting the same locations adding lockouts after weeks of driving by.
It seems new frequencies keep popping up...

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Still leaning towards a 2nd G2 for comparison sake.

Really…. your in Northern BC…. In a relatively small community of less than 100,000 people….

I get the V1G2 is a sensitive detector…. but so is the R360c and the R7.

Imagine if you didn’t have the option of an app to try to calm it down.

What perplexing to me is how others seem to have different experiences than your experiencing, that live in much larger populated areas than you…. Yet seem to have better results? Take @Vortex experience in Seattle?

That’s why I’m leaning towards a 2nd V1G2 in your environment…. Paired to your phone, with your settings…. To rule out a problem with the detector itself.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I just don't get this! I run A mode all the time. We just took another trip up to Philly this past weekend and my G2 didn't bug me even once! This eliminates the fact that I live in a rural area. All I'm running in JBV1 is silent ride set to 35 mph and auto lockouts all only on K band of course. Ka band is always run wide open. Of course I run K verifier. I run no boxes or sweeps of any kind. Like I've said before, I get zero laser falses, just an occasional 35.7xxx from big trucks and I love how my auto lockouts still beep once at muted volume. In short my G2 works as close to perfect for MY NEEDS as I can imagine. My only complaint is still it's pathetic response against my Genesis II on K band I/O. 34.7 and 35.5 range is incredible on both of my G2's and they seem to be exact clones of each other. I never hear @VariableWave complaining about his G2 either, and he is my testing partner. I just wish that you were closer @DC Fluid so we could swap G2's or even test them together! The way things are now with customs however, that ain't going to happen! They would find a way to lose one or all of our G2's! I'm very sorry for all of your troubles and I hope you get them resolved very soon. If you grow to love your V1G2 half as much as I love mine all will be good!

Last edited:

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I just don't get this! I run A mode all the time. We just took another trip up to Philly this past weekend and my G2 didn't bug me even once! This eliminates the fact that I live in a rural area. All I'm running in JBV1 is silent ride set to 35 mph and auto lockouts all only on K band of course. Ka band is always run wide open. Of course I run K verifier. I run no boxes or sweeps of any kind. Like I've said before, I get zero laser falses, just an occasional 35.7xxx from big trucks and I love how my auto lockouts still beep once at muted volume. In short my G2 works as close to perfect for MY NEEDS as I can imagine. My only complaint is still it's pathetic response against my Genesis II on K band I/O. 34.7 and 35.5 range is incredible on both of my G2's and they seem to be exact clones of each other. I never hear @VariableWave complaining about his G2 either, and he is my testing partner. I just wish that you were closer @DC Fluid so we could swap G2's or even test them together! The way things are now with customs however, that ain't going to happen! They would find a way to lose one or all of our G2's! I'm very sorry for all of your troubles and I hope you get them resolved very soon. If you grow to love your V1G2 half as much as I love mine all will be good!
Believe me I'm trying!
With all the glowing praise on this forum, I am trying to eliminate or identify every possible thing that is delivering these experiences.
Then, if I can't come to terms with it, it will be time to consider another V1G2 to test, or send mine to VR for a checkup.
I find it hard to believe it's my city or vehicle differences here, as my other detectors act very similar here and in Alberta and Vancouver and Kelowna, etc.

That said, it's useable and liveable at the moment, but still way more falses for K and Ka than the others, making me worry about getting desensitized to alerts.

I drove around town and home today with the R7 Int 138, blissful silence with no display flashing.
Paced a grey 2019ish CRV touring and not a peep or signal, using K Block weak, K Narrow, just as V1G2. Didn't have the chance to hook up V1G2 against the same car.

Like I said, the BT and JBV1 is so stable and useful for the bike, it's still #1 choice for that.
R7 and R360c will get first shot at truck duties for upcoming holidays, as the wife is side eyeing the V1G2 on the weekend like she wants to frisbee it because of noise.
But she's never seen the Redline before so if I pull it out, I may become the frisbee.
TBC....

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score
My wife wanted a new detector, so I gave her a DP360 that I learned all the local falses on, thinking it would suffice (the sleeping problem would not be noticed by her and I could find a use for ) Her first trip with it to get ice cream and she passed a jeep waiting to turn and it went apesh1t on K band. When she asked about that, I told her that the old V1 she was running I had K band turned off. Then she asked if my new V1 had that turned off too, I told her no, it doesn't. She said in the 3 weeks she drove with it (no app on her phone yet), that it never acted that way.. just sometimes would have a lazy alert to a car. I told her that those are rare, just give it time. The next morning she drove to work (where one of the falses that is locked out) and as she pulled into her parking spot, it decided to go full blast on K band. She tried to figure out how to mute the thing but ended up unplugging it. She told me to get rid of that thing.

Fine. Here's a Redline. Again, all K band false alerts locked out locally and within the surrounding counties for the most part. 4 days of driving and she asked why did it go full blast for every alert, even when there is no cop in sight. Her old detector never did that. I explained to her that is just the way that detector is. It has a hard time conveying how strong or weak the signal is, but at least it alerts. She said that sucks, get rid of it.

Fine. Here's an R7. "What the heck is this big ugly thing on my windshield??? The mute button is where? You can't mount it up high? I have to point the air vent at it when I have the top down? Yeah, I don't want that on my windshield."

Fine. Here's my V1G2 again. Oh? You want it to automute like it does for me when I'm in the car?

So I installed JBV1 on her phone, set it up, let her drive with it (no lock outs or quiet ride, just automute and voice alerts with CSA) I set it up to turn K band off when inside shopping center parking lots and at her work parking lot. She drove with it for about a week and said that thing is awesome. Yes, it does alert to K band but mutes itself after 3 seconds, is very accurate with signal strength, very composed, and you can actually assess how close a cop is. So I ordered myself a new V1G2.

I am tempted to make a road trip to @DC Fluid to share notes.

Last edited:

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score
Say what now?!
Please point me to where you set this up to work.
Could be a game changer.
Make a new profile with your usual settings, go to profile overrides, add a new override, freehand on the map a geo location, name it, point it to the profile with K band turned off, enjoy.

Make a new profile with your usual settings, go to profile overrides, add a new override, freehand on the map a geo location, name it, point it to the profile with K band turned off, enjoy.
And if you want to be really clever, you can have your whole city with K band off, and set up a free handed location around the highways where you actually need the K band alerts, and have it run the K band on only in those locations. I do this for a city I drive to frequently, but only care about when I'm on the interstate. It's awesome.

Last edited:

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

And if you want to be really clever, you can have your whole city with K band off, and set up a free handed location around the highways where you actually need the K band alerts, and have it run the K band on only in those locations. I do this for a city I drive to frequently, but only care about when I'm on the interstate. It's awesome.
Ah, the darkside overrides!
Where mere mortals fear to tread.
I shall endeavor to gather up the courage and knowledge to make an attempt.

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Corgi Lovers
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@DC Fluid, you previously mentioned in a video of yours that Kanadian Miles Per Hour were for dramatic effect. Are you sure that what you're experiencing aren't actually just Kanadian Alerts (i.e., for dramatic effect)? ;) :rofl:

In all seriousness, what you're dealing with has been a tremendous learning opportunity for everyone. Hopefully, you're very close to a solution that solves this for you.

RoadDogg

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@DC Fluid, I do hope you get the K-band BSM and door opener excessive false alarm issue figured out.

There have been a lot of great suggestions on this thread. I know you own and have used a wide variety of radar detectors, so you know what to expect and have other detectors in which to compare your V1G2.

I run my V1G2 with V1 Driver, so I am not any help on the JBV1 settings. I pretty much run my V1G2 in All-Bogeys mode all the time using V1 Driver to GPS mute the fixed K-band band door openers to the muted volume (4-6 on the muted volume).

My V1G2 is pretty quiet and well behaved on K-band against both BSMs and fixed K-band sources. It is as good or slightly better than my RL360c in highway mode which I use on my RL360c almost all the time (I don’t use Auto Learn or GPS lockouts on the RL360c).

Good luck getting your V1G2 “dialed in”. I hope you don’t have to ship it back to Valentine Research to get it checked out.

VariableWave

Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

I really do not complain too much, as I know it is inevitable a detector will BSM me to death on select days.

On the way back from testing, I had either the V1G2 or the R7, and even both running. Both were killing me when it can to alerting to BSMs or other. I was on a call and hit mute on them. R7, if you hit mute, then go under the threshold of Quiet Ride and then back, it will alert loudly. With traffic, this sucked as we were up and down in speeds with Hondas. Foe V1G2. what was killing me, I would hit mute and as the alerting source got closer it would wakeup again to Loud alerting. I was running JBV1. Both I wanted to throw out the windows, as they interrupted my call. I had to turn off as we were dealing with traffic.

I am not sure why Uniden overrides my manual muting when Quiet Ride comes into play. Does this on K and Ka.

I am not complaining about JBV1, as I need to check my setting, but there are issues that I have with it, that I need to figure out. Times the updates add features that change how mine operates, and what is threw me for a loop, was the Speed warning in reducing, as I turned it off and it was on again. Might of been a bug, as it might have been fixed, though I do run up to three phones in long travels, and the phone I had issues with I haven't ran in sometime. JBV1 has a lot of features, and times I think a little too many... not complaining.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agoose