My fun this morning...

omgboost

Left Lane Hog
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
DWS are great tires. I had them on before but only lasted 30K miles.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'll have to look and see how many miles I have on mine. I still have the "S" in my tread.

[Edit] Just checked. Currently 63,457 miles! Wow! That's the best so far on this car!

Last edited:

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
My wife is so good at finding curbs and potholes that she bent the suspension slightly on her Passat in one front corner and the opposite rear corner. We somehow managed to blame it on a minor deer strike and got Allstate to pay the dealer to repair it all and replace the DWS06 on all 4 corners. I’ve ordered her a Bronco and feel like it’ll be more forgiving.

omgboost

Left Lane Hog
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'll have to look and see how many miles I have on mine. I still have the "S" in my tread.

[Edit] Just checked. Currently 63,457 miles! Wow! That's the best so far on this car!
Don't know if it's my driving style or the shitty roads here. The stock Bridgestone Dueler tires only lasted 32k miles.

Fireball

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Don't know if it's my driving style or the shitty roads here. The stock Bridgestone Dueler tires only lasted 32k miles.
More likely those tires. I've never had a Bridgestone tire worth half the money I paid for them. Noisy, fast wear, poor handling in bad weather. I won't buy them anymore. My Durango came with Bridgestone Ecopias and I'll be replacing them before winter hits even though they currently have less than 5000 miles on them because I don't want to try driving in the snow on them. I will be going with BFG Advantage TAs with Michelin Defender LTX as an alternative. I'd prefer the BFGs because they're 3-peak rated where the Michelins are not. 3-Peak puts them between an all season and a snow tire for snowy weather and they do well in the winter in my area. The last set of Bridgestones I bought were Dueler Alenzas I had on a 4x4, and it actually got stuck in the snow on a paved road Other cars, including rear wheel drive cars with open rear differentials, were having no problems with, so I'm not just basing my opinion on the current set. Had a few other cars with Bridgestones on them as well, and I replaced them shortly after buying the car with them on.

Last edited:

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
More likely those tires. I've never had a Bridgestone tire worth half the money I paid for them. Noisy, fast wear, poor handling in bad weather. I won't buy them anymore. My Durango came with Bridgestone Ecopias and I'll be replacing them before winter hits even though they currently have less than 5000 miles on them because I don't want to try driving in the snow on them. I will be going with BFG Advantage TAs with Michelin Defender LTX as an alternative. I'd prefer the BFGs because they're 3-peak rated where the Michelins are not. 3-Peak puts them between an all season and a snow tire for snowy weather and they do well in the winter in my area. The last set of Bridgestones I bought were Dueler Alenzas I had on a 4x4, and it actually got stuck in the snow on a paved road Other cars, including rear wheel drive cars with open rear differentials, were having no problems with, so I'm not just basing my opinion on the current set. Had a few other cars with Bridgestones on them as well, and I replaced them shortly after buying the car with them on.
Go with the Michelin Defender.
I've had both the Defender and currently running the BFG Advantage Sport T/A on the Pilot, and in our northern 6+ months of winter we run Blizzaks but have the snow and ice transition periods.
The Defender rocks on snow, slush and ice, just as Consumer Reports rates them.
The BFG are snow flake 4 seasons tires, but are marginal get by legally tires when the snow hits.
I've had Defenders on the truck and Pilot.
For Canadian north, true quality winters only for this Canuck.

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have Defenders on my F250. They’re great tires, especially for the highway, and generally good enough for the light dirt work and mild mud duty I ever ask of them. They’re wearing down, though, damn near illegal, and we’re taking a big trip with the 5er in mid September, which is only about 6 weeks away. I’m really hoping Toyo gets its act together and gets the Open Country A/T III back out of backorder in 295/70-18. I had the previous generation and really liked them and miss the extra flare from more aggressive looking AT’s even if they’re actually well mannered on the road.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have Defenders on my F250. They’re great tires, especially for the highway, and generally good enough for the light dirt work and mild mud duty I ever ask of them. They’re wearing down, though, damn near illegal, and we’re taking a big trip with the 5er in mid September, which is only about 6 weeks away. I’m really hoping Toyo gets its act together and gets the Open Country A/T III back out of backorder in 295/70-18. I had the previous generation and really liked them and miss the extra flare from more aggressive looking AT’s even if they’re actually well mannered on the road.
I am really enjoying my new Cooper Discoverer XLT tires I got for much less than the Defenders. Very quiet for big lug AT treads, and I went with a bigger size.
Take a look at them too, snowflake designated 4 season, I had them in snow too, but wouldn't say they were better than Defenders which were awesome when new.

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Advanced User
Reaction score
@V1Jake
Glad you’re ok

also good music choice.

Please let us know how the DWS06 PLUS are
I’ve had the DWS06 in the past, but they didn’t do well for me stability wise on hard turns at high speeds (whole different story)

I recently bought the Michelin pilot sport all season 4 as my all seasons recently only because there weren’t many reviews or YouTube videos on the DWS06 plus about 3-4 months ago.
I’m absolutely in love with the insane amount of grip these Michelin AS4 provide and comfort / road noise over my prior Michelin primacy Mxm4 .

But definitely interested to hear how you like these DWS06 PLUS

V1Jake

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@V1Jake
Glad you’re ok

also good music choice.

Please let us know how the DWS06 PLUS are
I’ve had the DWS06 in the past, but they didn’t do well for me stability wise on hard turns at high speeds (whole different story)

I recently bought the Michelin pilot sport all season 4 as my all seasons recently only because there weren’t many reviews or YouTube videos on the DWS06 plus about 3-4 months ago.
I’m absolutely in love with the insane amount of grip these Michelin AS4 provide and comfort / road noise over my prior Michelin primacy Mxm4 .

But definitely interested to hear how you like these DWS06 PLUS

Thanks buddy

So far so good. Still in the break in period for them. Did some harder turns on the off ramps and they help up well. Braking was good too.

Did notice some little side to side movement but that was most likely due to the high winds the other day. I will keep you posted.

I am getting a small vibration now and I forget at which speed I might swap my wheels front to back and see how it affects the dynamics. Not sure if it's from a small bend or maybe I'll need to get an alignment

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agoose