VIRGINIA - anyone been ticketed for a laser jammer in Va?

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I haven't even been stopped. I'm not in VA full time though.

Bocephus

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Holla

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Play your cards right and they will never know you are using a Jammer! You can turn the APL's into a parking sensor only, at the push of a button if needed!

Riptide

Recovering M3 Addict
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
One of the forum's founders was ordered to take them off his car and he had to show up to the court room with his LIs to prove they were removed. I'm not sure what the monetary consequence was. This was a situation where a particular VSP had a hard on for him and would seek his car out repeatedly. When I lived in VA and had jammers I was never ticketed for them, or even shot with them in that state for that matter.

CMfan

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
What was the reason for stopping him? To long jamming..?

Riptide

Recovering M3 Addict
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
What was the reason for stopping him? To long jamming..?
IIRC the first time he was stopped was because of tint. The VSP officer had jammers on his personal car so he knew what to look for...

GregTec5

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

VariableWave

Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

CMfan

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
100$ only is a good deal... If there is no other consequences (driving ban, licence points etc)

Phantom Z3

The new kid on the block...
Advanced User
Reaction score
The worst I've seen in VA is harassment. Otherwise, I think it's worse to be caught in Colorado where the fine is something like $500-1000

CMfan

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Not surprised, I've heard a few times about cases of cops fitting LJs. it's probably easier for them to get away with it than with a recorded speeding

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
What a FN Hypocrite !
IIRC the first time he was stopped was because of tint. The VSP officer had jammers on his personal car so he knew what to look for...
Not so much a hypocrite & much more as a professional law enforcement ZEALOT to advance/speed track his career. He stalked/perused this Forum in its beginning & its predecessor to gain the knowledge, first.
He used his install for training purposes demonstrating how the system worked, & how to know when it's being used against fellow Troopers. He was the VASP primary Training Officer for several years.

He was also an avid competitive racer w/ a hot car at V.I.R. & firmly advocated that racing & speeding was only for the race track & far to dangerous for Public highways.

asleeper

Advanced User
Reaction score
Not so much a hypocrite & much more as a professional law enforcement ZEALOT to advance/speed track his career. He stalked/perused this Forum in its beginning & its predecessor to gain the knowledge, first.
He used his install for training purposes demonstrating how the system worked, & how to know when it's being used against fellow Troopers. He was the VASP primary Training Officer for several years.

He was also an avid competitive racer w/ a hot car at V.I.R. & firmly advocated that racing & speeding was only for the race track & far to dangerous for Public highways.
You pretty much summed it up. He's a real winner.

Last edited:

Lucky225

Advanced User
Reaction score
The worst I've seen in VA is harassment. Otherwise, I think it's worse to be caught in Colorado where the fine is something like $500-1000
And a possible jail sentence.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Livsy