K Band in SE MI

jonup

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So I got this 24.113 K band hit that turned out to be a LEO. I was heading east on 11mile towards Greenfield when I got the K bank signal. Ignored it for a second, then it persisted and it started ramping up. Still didn't bothered to slow down as I wasn't really going so fast. As I crossed Greenfield into Berkley I so LEO SUV in the opposite direction. Couldn't identify if it was Berkley, Southfield or County as it was quite dark and I was moving at cruising pace.

So yeah, for all of you in the area, keep an eye for K band. It's not a sure thing to ignore it anymore. I also had a K band hit about a month ago in Rochester Hills/Auburn Hills, on University Dr. but OU. So I guess they are becoming more and more common.

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I see a lot if K band in the E/SE half of Michigan. Sheriff along with many locals have K. There are quite a few Kustom Raptors that run from around 24.105 to 24.125 in the area. Other Kustom and Decatur units I see have frequencies that vary all over the place, I have seen 24.09x thru 24.22x. I have not visually identified any Stalker K band yet but that doesn't mean they aren't out there.

AllspeedJeff

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up @jonup. I’m in that area all the time

frank od5

Learning to Fly
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Never ignore k band around SE Michigan. Garden city uses K band, 34.7and 35.5 and every now and then laser.Redford uses K band and 33.8 as well and laser too.

rapairmanrage

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Verified K in Sterling Heights, St Clair Shores and Auburn Hills. Becoming more common from my observations. Generally any high signal strength K band ends up being a speed sign or LEO in my case.

Hit with laser on m59 by Oakland county sheriff (troy), Rochester Rd Rochester PD, and on 94 and 696 by St Clair shores.

jonup

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Verified K in Sterling Heights, St Clair Shores and Auburn Hills. Becoming more common from my observations. Generally any high signal strength K band ends up being a speed sign or LEO in my case.

Hit with laser on m59 by Oakland county sheriff (troy), Rochester Rd Rochester PD, and on 94 and 696 by St Clair shores.
Thanks for sharing. Yeah I got a double parking ticket on I94 by Southfield Hwy with a laser about a month ago. Got lasered on Woodward in Birmingham a bit less than a month ago. Woodward is infested by cops so I wasn't going fast enough for them.

metroplex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
St Clair Shores has been running K-Band 24.085 GHz and 24.107 GHz.
Warren MI also runs K-Band as well as Ka band and lidar. I see them setting up lidar traps all the time on the main roads.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Livsy