DragonEye Compact False

InDecay

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Ran into my first TMG false alert. It reported a DragonEye Compact while I was waiting at a light on a congested overpass, where there would be absolutely no chance of LEOs doing readings (and I haven't seen any confirmed reports of DE in AZ yet). The car in front was an Acura MDX.
Has anyone experienced this before? Unfortunately since I pulled my V1G2 out yesterday, I didn't have JBV1 running to log more specifics.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
DragonEye falses with TMG could be a sign of a head going bad. If they become more frequent, try unhooking an individual head and see if it stops the falsing. Keep doing that until you go through all your heads. If after unhooking one, you no longer get false alerts, that's probably your huckleberry.

When ALP heads go bad, it's commonly "poliscan" falses. Different strokes, haha.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

InDecay

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I get DE falses 1-2 every few months. It's not always a bad head.
Good to know, this is the first false I've had in nearly two years (unlike my V1G2 that would laser false quite often)

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I get DE falses 1-2 every few months. It's not always a bad head.
Nobody said it always is. I said "could be" and "if it increases in frequency". I wonder what else could cause it?
Any thoughts as to what is causing your occasional false DE alert?
I'd like to know also as it seems to me to be a weird gun to false to, given what we know about DE. Is there something out there that looks like DE to TMG?

Smason

What is a PSL?
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've gotten one false in over a year or so. It was a from a volvo I believe. I didn't hear the alert as I had the volume off from testing.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
My two systems do not false aside from my first one which did once or twice at first and was fixed with a new firmware.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
My two systems do not false aside from my first one which did once or twice at first and was fixed with a new firmware.
Well, I stand corrected--got a rear Dragon Eye Compact false today.

Dodgediesel

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have had 8 DE Compact falses this wee so something is for sure going on!!! I just added 2 new heads so I'm hoping it's not one of the new ones I just installed.

drradar

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I've been getting a lot (as in 3-5 in the last 4 months) of DE compact falses too lately. Today I was just sitting parked on the street in front of my house with no cars driving by. The sun was extra shiny seem to be the only common thing for me when it happens (although I wouldn't say 3-5 is a very big sample). I'll try the unplugging 1 head at a time thing to see if that helps. I don't need lidar protection on my truck anymore since I mainly drive the speedlimit or below as I only use the truck for towing my travel trailer nowadays.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Livsy