Calgary to Kelowna & return update

Chocofishez

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I will be making this drive often and would appreciate any intel from other drivers. I will share my experiences in this thread as I build awareness of LE presence along this route.

Today I had two alerts on the drive with one genuine save.

1 Ka between Canmore and Banff. Uniden R7 saw it such a long way off it was not an issue. rcmp sedan.

1 Ka just west of Golden. This one came up fast as I was at speed. Two very new looking trucks one behind the other. On the brakes hard as soon as the R7 alerted, cruised right by them. I have seen many rcmp within 15k of golden but not many further out than that...

my R7 is remembering the placement of the stationary K band speed signs.

two notable observances - highway Patrol for commercial trucks don’t appear to have radar. Two I have passed and no signal. They let me cruise by at 10 over. Also the R7 muted k band speed sign alerts after I passed them. Nice touch by Uniden.

Smason

What is a PSL?
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've made the drive on several occasions.

I've seen mostly Ka. Some K. And a good bit of laser.

They love to sit on the animals crossings and overpasses bear Banff and Canmore area.

CVSE can and will pull you over. I've seen K band and 34.7 Ka.

Seen a few near Revelstoke running K band. Couple at golden.

Twi7ch

brap brap
Intermediate User
Reaction score

yycast

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Overpasses in Banff have almost caught me a few times. On my last trip I didn’t even see the guy until I was under the bridge (tree overhang). I could see the colour of his eyes. No idea why he didn’t signal for the chase car on the ramp to chase me down. I was going a good 20-25 over. Maybe he has someone else in mind?

Ive noted a lot of K west of Banff. Golden, Revelstoke areas, and Kelowna LOVES K.

Chocofishez

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Overpasses in Banff have almost caught me a few times. On my last trip I didn’t even see the guy until I was under the bridge (tree overhang). I could see the colour of his eyes. No idea why he didn’t signal for the chase car on the ramp to chase me down. I was going a good 20-25 over. Maybe he has someone else in mind?

Ive noted a lot of K west of Banff. Golden, Revelstoke areas, and Kelowna LOVES K.
Thx for sharing - years ago I remember seeing LE SUVs parked behind the animal bridges west of Banff before Louise.They would tuck themselves in close to the land bridge and shoot at you after you’ve passed.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downhiller2010