Hi From NZ, recent owner of DFR7NZ

Liewala

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi all,
Greetings from Aoteroa! Great forum and info

Recently got the Uniden DFR7 during the Queen's Bday sale at a very good price. Anyway was fiddling with the unit, works ok ... still figuring the optimal setting when I realised the clip/bracket was faulty. Specifically the device button is not locking with the bracket. Anyway had a 1-1 exchange ... but now the detector is not announcing the redlight/speed cam outside my house (previous one did). It did announce 1 Redlight cam further down my house though. Maybe the database is different (but I think they are the same though ver 1.44).

Maybe I need to reinstall/update the softwares. Current softwares version are 1.04 FW, and 1.44 DB ... which is latest per Uniden (NZ) website.

Any thoughts? Understand there is unofficial DB update which I would mind trying as soon as I can find the old USB mini cable and a PC (Mac user).

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Maybe I need to reinstall/update the softwares. Current softwares version are 1.04 FW, and 1.44 DB ... which is latest per Uniden (NZ) website.
Welcome to the forums.
Just be weary which updates you install. The ones on the Uniden website are for US models only.

RoadDogg

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Liewala , Welcome to the Forum!! We are glad to have you here.

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hmmm.... but the website i accessed is Uniden Nz. Incidentally i checked again, my version is 1.42 out of box, latest posted is 1.44.

U reckon i shdn't update?
If it is Uniden NZ, and there are no BIG RED WARNING signs of do not update then it should be safe to do so.

milkman

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Noddy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
As I've just discovered, if you meet a lot of RedFlex vans which are common in New Zealand, a vertical mount will double detection range.
With the dfr7 you will need every advantage for redflex.

Liewala

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
As I've just discovered, if you meet a lot of RedFlex vans which are common in New Zealand, a vertical mount will double detection range.
With the dfr7 you will need every advantage for redflex.
Can elaborate what is vertical mount? Ie. Mount higher near rear mirror? Current mount is approx 2inches off the dashboard infront. I find this to be best with the wiring.

Mr carbon

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Put it that way and you will get better range on redflex

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210613-223004_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210613-223004_Chrome.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads