DC Fluid is now a V1G2 Owner -Just need delivery.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well let the hazing begin.
I'm now a V2G2 owner.
I got this because it will be a fool proof method of getting alerts wirelessly into my motorcycle helmet, along with ALP alerts, music, etc.
Now experiencing JBV1 overload syndrome.
I hope you all can give me tips when I get to setting it all up and go easy on the newbie.
I'd like to get up to speed asap so I can start the comparisons.

Thanks to @InDecay for quickly getting the deal done and shipped fast.
Looking forward to all this gear being put to use.
Valentine 1 Gen. 2, Concealed Display, Savvy, Permanent Mount

SilenceDogoodNinja

SDN
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Congrats! 🎉

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm really counting on JBV1 for seamless functionality and to display vehicle speed.
I need a GPS speedometer as my bike one is inaccurate and on the tank below line of sight.
I can see the one most of the time on Highway Radar, but the glossy cell phone screen can be challenging at times.
R7 was nearly ideal display where I had it but the V1G2 doesn't have those things.
R7 sound into helmet is currently hardwired, and I will be able to BT TX it into the Sena 10R, but unlikely I can get ALP and music, maps etc. all working at once, will be one or the other.

It will be fun to shoot out with R7 & RL360c though.
Maybe I should sell the Max 360c while still new and recover some $$, as I don't ever see it getting used now, and I got 2 DualPro 360 that are besting it in head to head.

The concealed display may end up on truck or bike, don't know yet.
As not waterproof most likely truck.

milkman

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Congratz on the new V1G2 !

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just ordered mine a few days ago! Hopefully Mike starts shipping them soon.
Yeah I was hovering over the V1G2 buy button on their website for a week, but the backorder delay plus shipping time to Canada was placing me past all the prime riding time.
Went used from a member and no regrets.

Disco47

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It will take you a few days to get JBV1 figured out and yo get all of your settings dialed in. I've played with the app a few times without a V1G2 and loved how you could customize everything. Looking forward to your review and testing!

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'm now a V2G2 owner.
I got this because it will be a fool proof method of getting alerts wirelessly into my motorcycle helmet, along with ALP alerts, music, etc.
I hope you all can give me tips when I get to setting it all up and go easy on the newbie.

Well....It's about time! ;)
Congrats! It will be interesting to see what you think. To me it is either R7 or V1G2..... Until the V1 fixes the IO. :)

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm now a V2G2 owner.

Welcome to the dark side my friend and it's about damn time! When you get used to JBV1 and start getting some crazy @ss off axis 34.7 or 35.5 hits don't think for a second that they're falses or not legit because I'm here to tell you that they are real! The rear ones are going to blow your mind the most so don't jerk your head around too fast looking back! Hell yes another zombie, Canadian style! I love it! JBV1 is incredible and I can't wait to hear your reaction after running it for a little while!

Last edited:

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the dark side my friend and it's about damn time! When you get used to JBV1 and start getting some crazy @ss off axis 34.7 or 35.5 hits don't think for a second that they're falses or not legit because I'm here to tell you that they are real! The rear ones are going to blow your mind the most so don't jerk your head around too fast looking back! Hell yes another zombie, Canadian style! I love it! JBV1 is incredible and I can't wait to hear your reaction after running it for a little while!
Zombie, please...
Call me an enthusiast for all things CM and will call it as I see it from my POV.
I knew @Kennyc56 would be all over me on this based on past jabs! LOL.

I will give the V1G2 this:
BT integration that actually will be useable for alerts through the phone, and awesome 34.7 and 35.5 performance, my 2 biggest threats here. Laser next, K Band after that.

On the motorcycle all detectors display increase range with no steel cage around them, so much so lockouts are different and picking up signals well before truck mounted does.
However the human body blocks more than a window, so rear detections aren't as strong as front.

I wonder if the detector arrows are bright enough to see outside in the sun or the screen is too glossy?
JBV1 flashes bright arrows right? I was going through settings but no detector yet to try out.
I want big bright arrows for old man on vibrating motorcycle. 😆

InDecay

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hah, you say no regrets and then you’ll find out it’s just Cobra RAD guts I put inside the V1G2 case!

I should have talked about a possible swap with you, but I was the ultimate noob and decided to order the RL360c. Ouch, my wallet…

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hah, you say no regrets and then you’ll find out it’s just Cobra RAD guts I put inside the V1G2 case!

I should have talked about a possible swap with you, but I was the ultimate noob and decided to order the RL360c. Ouch, my wallet…
Oooooh, FML!

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Zombie, please...
Call me an enthusiast for all things CM and will call it as I see it from my POV.
I knew @Kennyc56 would be all over me on this based on past jabs! LOL.

I will give the V1G2 this:
BT integration that actually will be useable for alerts through the phone, and awesome 34.7 and 35.5 performance, my 2 biggest threats here. Laser next, K Band after that.

On the motorcycle all detectors display increase range with no steel cage around them, so much so lockouts are different and picking up signals well before truck mounted does.
However the human body blocks more than a window, so rear detections aren't as strong as front.

I wonder if the detector arrows are bright enough to see outside in the sun or the screen is too glossy?
JBV1 flashes bright arrows right? I was going through settings but no detector yet to try out.
I want big bright arrows for old man on vibrating motorcycle. 😆
You WILL become a zombie! Just wait and see! BTW, that's a compliment, not a jab! I'm once again a proud zombie! LMAO!

InDecay

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You will love JBV1 and about 85% of the settings you can leave as default. Make sure to get SABRE configured, too.

And for an extra special deal, I’ll swap you my TMGs for your ALPs so you can have everything integrated into JBV1!

As for why I sold, I had upgrade-itis and wanted to see how the new Redline does. As an iPhone user primarily, it’ll be nice not having to grab my secondary Android phone each time I want to go out for a drive (sorry, V1Driver is just meh for me). Where I live it’s Speed Sign City and the V1G2 goes absolutely insane around most of them.

I hope you enjoy it, the V1G2 treated me well and never once had an issue. Plus it’s on the latest May firmware!

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

DC Fluid

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Congratulations!! Any serious RD fanatic must have a v1 gen 2.
I had one in my cart last night, but just chickened out of hitting the buy button on paypal!
Not sure I can last much longer!!

You will hitssssss the buttonsssss,
It'sssssss easssssy!
200.gif

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
20DuramaxDenaliL5P