Notchacotcha jammer

KyleSC

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi. Kinda new member. I saw a video of one of the speakers at a Def-Con conference discussing countermeasures. He developed a lidar jammer using a Arduino switch connected to a infrared panel, similar to what you would find on a security cam. The device emitts pulses to give a reading of the current speed limit provided by an Android app that connects to the switch via bluetooth. A google search of the title will provide info and code. Won't defeat Dragoneye, per developer. Would love to hear experience with it. Thanks in advance.

JustinP

PSL +PSL
Advanced User
Reaction score
There's a thread here about it.

Lucky225

Advanced User
Reaction score
Hi. Kinda new member. I saw a video of one of the speakers at a Def-Con conference discussing countermeasures. He developed a lidar jammer using a Arduino switch connected to a infrared panel, similar to what you would find on a security cam. The device emitts pulses to give a reading of the current speed limit provided by an Android app that connects to the switch via bluetooth. A google search of the title will provide info and code. Won't defeat Dragoneye, per developer. Would love to hear experience with it. Thanks in advance.
Can you link me to this video? I know a lot of the speakers at Defcon but haven't heard this..

KyleSC

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Can you link me to this video? I know a lot of the speakers at Defcon but haven't heard this..
This is a transcription of the presentation, instructions, legality, etc....video is pretty far down.

KyleSC

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

Waiting on mod approval.
Post automatically merged:

There's a thread here about it.

I just read the thread you posted from 2019. It doesn't seem to be active any longer so I will post here. There seems to be concerns about the device not having a sensor and constantly emitting a signal. The LED panel does have a sensor located in the middle of the panel, mine does. To my understanding, the device activates when it receives the signal and detects the pulse rate which identifies the gun. The concern regarding vision damage, doesn't seem to be likely. The led panel is what you would find on a infrared security camera, at least is marketed as such. Just some thoughts. I am a newb, a curious one. I really want to see test data.

Last edited:

KyleSC

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
A friend of mine had it and...Its not working.
Good to know, lol. I bought the parts, but haven't had time to program and install it. Veil, while messy, seems to help.

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
Good to know, lol. I bought the parts, but haven't had time to program and install it. Veil, while messy, seems to help.
Vile while messy and non-functioning seems to be impossible to remove.

There fixed it for ya 😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜

Benzr

RustyShackleford

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
there is someone else currently working on an Arduino jammer. Their threads are these ones:

here is the array blinking incase anyone wanted to see one on video, surprised at the lack of activity on github over the years, given the public presentation

Lucky225

Advanced User
Reaction score
there is someone else currently working on an Arduino jammer. Their threads are these ones:

here is the array blinking incase anyone wanted to see one on video, surprised at the lack of activity on github over the years, given the public presentation

Think I just caused permanent eye damage watching that :p

RustyShackleford

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Anyone ever watch styropyro?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member