Highway Radar v2.6: Settings packs and side-loaded cameras

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@ferius I've noticed that alert beeper for speed cameras starts at full alert rather than a gradually increasing rate as I approach the camera location. Is this how it is supposed to operate?
Also in maps mode the police alert beeper/arrow display starts at 500 meters no matter how many dots it is set to begin at.

ferius

More arrows please
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
@ferius I've noticed that alert beeper for speed cameras starts at full alert rather than a gradually increasing rate as I approach the camera location. Is this how it is supposed to operate?
Also in maps mode the police alert beeper/arrow display starts at 500 meters no matter how many dots it is set to begin at.
For cameras this is expected. For police, could you elaborate a bit? Is the problem with beeper, with arrows, or both?

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
For cameras this is expected. For police, could you elaborate a bit? Is the problem with beeper, with arrows, or both?
For police in maps mode, the icon displays as expected, but the beeper and dots/arrow display doesn't activate until 500 meters from the source even though it is set to activate at 3 dots.

ferius

More arrows please
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
For police in maps mode, the icon displays as expected, but the beeper and dots/arrow display doesn't activate until 500 meters from the source even though it is set to activate at 3 dots.
For dots/arrow you mean this?
1625240564814.png

If yes, then it is only displayed when an option to Confirm/discard alert is active. It activates when you're within 500 meters from the report, and stays while you're within that circle and and 20 seconds after you leave it.

Regarding beeper sound I need to double-check that, I don't remember having any issues with it, but I'll double check for sure.

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
For dots/arrow you mean this?
View attachment 182819
If yes, then it is only displayed when an option to Confirm/discard alert is active. It activates when you're within 500 meters from the report, and stays while you're within that circle and and 20 seconds after you leave it.

Regarding beeper sound I need to double-check that, I don't remember having any issues with it, but I'll double check for sure.
Yes that's what I'm referring to. I was misunderstanding the purpose of that display.
The beeper however doesn't seem to work unless I'm misunderstanding that setting too.

nomore55

PSL +10%
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Guys, I've noticed over the past week or so that I no longer get weather displayed on my map. I do see the little black box in the upper right-hand corner doing its normal thing, but I've lost the weather display. Any suggestions?

Can I revert back to an approved build without losing all my settings?

Thanks.

ferius

More arrows please
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Guys, I've noticed over the past week or so that I no longer get weather displayed on my map. I do see the little black box in the upper right-hand corner doing its normal thing, but I've lost the weather display. Any suggestions?

Can I revert back to an approved build without losing all my settings?

Thanks.
The weather code hasn't changed, so rolling back to an older version won't help. While I'm fixing that, a temporary solution would be switching the weather provider to raw NWS data - you'll lose radar forecast, bit it would still be better than nothing.

nomore55

PSL +10%
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Got it. Thank you.

ILS27L

Show Me State
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score