Uniden R7 International firmware update v138...

02Crewman

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Well I have been using V138 for almost a month now, I have put 4,073 miles onto it according to Google Maps and have only had either 3 or 4 confirmed BSMs. It has been extremely quite once all my autolockouts were established and they seem to work flawlessly about 90% of the time. I have a couple of construction road signs that give a few beeps a couple of times a week and I haven't been able to pin point that issue. (Does not seem to be a change in frequency)

I got the "new" (to me) guns out one day last week and the K Band sensitivity still seemed sufficient on Advanced 60% even in a K Block weak frequency range of 24.170. More actual testing (with results posted) to come when I get more time away from work.

There is still room for improvement and I know that @Mithheru is working to make it even better, but I am really pleased with the results I am seeing in my area.

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

Zoya11

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Sorry, I've got a bit behind replying to all my messages...

However, the good news is that the next R7 International update is nearing completion. I am expecting this to be ready for release within the next 2-3 weeks.

Currently I've just completed development build 9. Just a couple more builds now should see it completed and ready for release. Here is a preview video showing the new menu layout with all the new features...

I'm really please with the progress and testing so far, and the auto gps lockouts work really well. I still have to implement the K blocks and the segmentation, but the menus are all done, and all the other features are fully functional.

@Vortex @DC Fluid @dudeinnz @DEMON5 @Deadduck @DAF @Zakk @At0mic9 @nzFALCONnz @KiwiClaire @soampt @HwSkr....
your work is a god send to the aussie/NZ market
Post automatically merged:

Hi Guys,

However, the good news is that the next R7 International update is nearing completion. I am expecting this to be ready for release within the next 2-3 weeks.

Currently I've just completed development build 9. Just a couple more builds now should see it completed and ready for release. Here is a preview video showing the new menu layout with all the new features...

I'm really please with the progress and testing so far, and the auto gps lockouts work really well. I still have to implement the K blocks and the segmentation, but the menus are all done, and all the other features are fully functional.

@Vortex @DC Fluid @dudeinnz @DEMON5 @Deadduck @DAF @Zakk @At0mic9 @nzFALCONnz @KiwiClaire @soampt @HwSkr....
Hi Mithheru, I noticed that the is preset to 24.080. Can this go further down to 24.00 as Ive noticed that the AGD340 systems(redflex) are adjustable down as far as this reading

This is a copy from the AGD340 manual for settings-1. Frequency option can be preset to suit local requirements between 24.000GHz and 24.250GHz
  • K Lim #1: 24.080 - Like this it's the same as K Narrow, raise or lower #1 and raise or lower #2 to suit your area,

Last edited:

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Hi Mithheru, I noticed that the is preset to 24.080. Can this go further down to 24.00 as Ive noticed that the AGD340 systems(redflex) are adjustable down as far as this reading

This is a copy from the AGD340 manual for settings-1. Frequency option can be preset to suit local requirements between 24.000GHz and 24.250GHz
  • K Lim #1: 24.080 - Like this it's the same as K Narrow, raise or lower #1 and raise or lower #2 to suit your area,
I believe that is notes from my personal settings?
Not the default that comes with NZ 138 International from @Mithheru .
My R7 with 138 can be set anywhere from 23.900 to 24 250 with the limits.
It's adjustable in increments of .010.
You can also sweep all or some of that range..
Sweeps start at K Limit 1, and end at K Limit 2.
So start at K Lim1: 24.200 and end K Lim2: 24:100 means you sweep all but the range 24.100 to 24.200.(ignore)
K Lim1: 24.100 to K Lim2: 24.200 means you only sweep the 24.100 to 24.200, and ignore the rest
Set to the same numbers, everything K gets sweeped.

Zoya11

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I believe that is notes from my personal settings?
Not the default that comes with NZ 138 International from @Mithheru .
My R7 with 138 can be set anywhere from 23.900 to 24 250 with the limits.
It's adjustable in increments of .010.
You can also sweep all or some of that range..
Sweeps start at K Limit 1, and end at K Limit 2.
So start at K Lim1: 24.200 and end K Lim2: 24:100 means you sweep all but the range 24.100 to 24.200.(ignore)
K Lim1: 24.100 to K Lim2: 24.200 means you only sweep the 24.100 to 24.200, and ignore the rest
Set to the same numbers, everything K gets sweeped.
Cheers dc fluid

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

elantra04

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Curious to see how autolockouts will compare under 1.38 to Radenso’s new DS1.

Zoya11

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Curious to see how autolockouts will compare under 1.38 to Radenso’s new DS1.
It’s very impressive software. I doubt the DS1 will match an R7 with mithheru software 138. It has very impressive range if you watch his testing

nascar

Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Will the 1.38 features (applicable to North America) make it to the Uniden firmware in some official capacity?

elantra04

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I would love to test it to see how it does in North America but I can’t really justify the $$ right now for the firmware. Saving up for multiple Theia units :)

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
It’s very impressive software. I doubt the DS1 will match an R7 with mithheru software 138. It has very impressive range if you watch his testing
International firmware doesn't increase hardware capabilities of the R7.
It does maximize what it has.
I expect the DS1 to be able to outdo the R7 side by side by a little bit.
K Band yet to be independently tested so that is the unknown with the DS1.

Will the 1.38 features (applicable to North America) make it to the Uniden firmware in some official capacity?
No.
Mithheru firmware has nothing to do with Uniden or Attowave.
If they steal some of his ideas, so be it.

I would love to test it to see how it does in North America but I can’t really justify the $$ right now for the firmware. Saving up for multiple Theia units :)
$70 USD vs. Est $2000 + taxes? :hmm:
I guess every little bit counts.

Last edited:

elantra04

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Can anyone that also owns a new DS1 and who lives in the US chime in on BSM filtering between the R7 w/ 1.38 and the DS1?

Koza

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi Guys, just wanted to confirm how amazing is R7 with Mithheru FW... Last month i was bringing car from Tauranga to Chch and met 13x police measuring speed !!! ( 11x on north islad ! and 2x on south) and got always good warning ahead! And in the city is 90% of time quiet, GREAT ! Definitely worth the money.

Great Job Mithheru
Thank you :)

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

R7 Int 138 on K band goes down to 23.900 and up to 24.250. K Limits can be set anywhere in this range in increments of 0.010. Therefore widest is 23.900-24.250. Narrowest is anywhere in-between e.g. for example 24.000-24.010 if you really wanted to go that narrow. In Finland we did want to go super narrow. So I also added a user block so combining the K Limits and a user block we made the R7 alert on K band alert only for 24.148-24.152.

Kba

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi guys
Anybody from EU ( France if possible :) ) already tested the firmware ? Trying to decide betwen this and Genevo MAX , which is said to be the best for EU )

Thanks Mithheru for your work & contribution !!

Noddy

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hi guys
Anybody from EU ( France if possible :) ) already tested the firmware ? Trying to decide betwen this and Genevo MAX , which is said to be the best for EU )

Thanks Mithheru for your work & contribution !!
I had Genevo Max and also have R7.
I think France has a lot of gatso3, gasto4 and mrcd etc. Genevo might be better.
Take your time. The R7 was better for Ireland where all we have is redflex photoradar.
If you check posts by Todoradares from Spain, he has some videos testing the Genevo Max and some of these
threats may be similar those in France.
The Max is expensive, so check it's cousin, Radenso, for similar functions and if you think a radenso detector will cover your threats, you can import from US at half the price of a Genevo!

ruven

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
good evening is this proshiaka going to work in Israel?

Hi Guys,

This firmware will work in Israel?

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
good evening is this proshiaka going to work in Israel?

This firmware will work in Israel?
This firmware will work in Israel. We created a Israel database for it. However, this doesn't have the laser location data.
If you want an R7 with the Israel laser data have you considered getting one of the Uniden R7 IL? That has a GPS database with the laser location data. You also don't need all the extra K filtering features of the R7 International as my understanding is that you don't use K band is Israel. However, happy to chat. Send me a PM if you have any more specific questions.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDude