Uniden R7 International firmware update v138...

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Sorry, I've got a bit behind replying to all my messages...

However, the good news is that the next R7 International update is nearing completion. I am expecting this to be ready for release within the next 2-3 weeks.

Currently I've just completed development build 9. Just a couple more builds now should see it completed and ready for release. Here is a preview video showing the new menu layout with all the new features...

I'm really please with the progress and testing so far, and the auto gps lockouts work really well. I still have to implement the K blocks and the segmentation, but the menus are all done, and all the other features are fully functional.

@Vortex @DC Fluid @dudeinnz @DEMON5 @Deadduck @DAF @Zakk @At0mic9 @nzFALCONnz @KiwiClaire @soampt @HwSkr....

Disco47

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Great work. I wish you could fix the issues that some are having with 137 here in the US/Canada.

AADIL

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
ومع ذلك ، فإن الأخبار السارة هي أن تحديث R7 International التالي على وشك الانتهاء. أتوقع أن يكون هذا جاهزًا للإفراج عنه في غضون 2-3 أسابيع القادمة.
Please improve MRCT detection in this update

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for the guided tour! That was helpful and great to see. :)

djkeczap

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
everything is cool, but why do they forget about R1 and R3 users?

02Crewman

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for. Would the new R7 International update V138 work well in the US or are there issues. I am pretty happy so far with 137 but do have concerns about some of the issues being reported and would like the additional K block weak control.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for. Would the new R7 International update V138 work well in the US or are there issues. I am pretty happy so far with 137 but do have concerns about some of the issues being reported and would like the additional K block weak control.
I've been testing out the International 137 firmware from Mithheru and it seemed a match for most things in USA F135.
The improvements and features in International 138 will no doubt be an excellent firmware for all of NA as well.
This is a huge effort to develop and I hope one day can be readily available for NA users at a reasonable cost.
There are features I really like in it and performance is as good or better than the best USA firmwares.

02Crewman

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've been testing out the International 137 firmware from Mithheru and it seemed a match for most things in USA F135.
The improvements and features in International 138 will no doubt be an excellent firmware for all of NA as well.
This is a huge effort to develop and I hope one day can be readily available for NA users at a reasonable cost.
There are features I really like in it and performance is as good or better than the best USA firmwares.

Thanks DC Fluid for the information, I would definitely be interested in paying for a version that worked well in NA and had additional user control. Especially if there was the opportunity for future upgrades at a reduced cost after initial investment.

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thanks DC Fluid for the information, I would definitely be interested in paying for a version that worked well in NA and had additional user control. Especially if there was the opportunity for future upgrades at a reduced cost after initial investment.
I started off building an NZ specific R7 version, then thanks to some great ideas from people ( @Zakk ), I made the K limits user definable. From then on its been clear many of these features are beneficial to many people in different countries so the International version was born.

So the aim is to make it flexible and usable for as many people as possible. I reckon the Auto GPS lockouts will work better than US135. I'm very confident this version will not be implicated in a falling asleep issue of US 137 as I would think that originates in the DSP update of US137. International version 138 is build very differently.

@DC Fluid I'm very happy with the build I complete yesterday, and would like to send to you for testing. The K limits and K Blocks are now implemented, but the greyed out display setting for the displayed K blocks isn't yet quite right. Factory default settings and a few other things also still need finalising.

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
[Apologies if you've already read this post as I posted on DC Fluids thread also]

So in the latest build I just sent through to @DC Fluid, the K blocks should now be fully implemented on both the show / Hide modes as well as on On/Off/Weak.

This example is what the display looks like when detecting a frequency within the Mazda block and set with the "Show K Blocks" option.

After discussion with DC Fluid we proposed to have these displayed as IVT as opposed to BSM (e.g. https://www.buyradardetectors.com/blog/2019/09/what-is-radar-detector-ivt-filtering.html).

DSCN3690.jpg

Post automatically merged:

In fact I think most things are now there. I'd like to get some testing done to see how it goes and to make sure everything is working together as intended.

@Vortex If you have time, I can also send you the latest build to see what you make of it also.

Perhaps someone in Auckland, and/or anyone with some travelling in the next few days would also like to send me a request as I could perhaps do with another couple of people to also test it under NZ conditions and/or in Europe. @h31n I see you've already put your hand up.

Last edited:

DEMON5

What's a PSL
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If only I'd seen this earlier @Mithheru, I left for Auckland tonight and back on Sunday, would have been a good few miles for testing. Build is looking awesome though!!

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If only I'd seen this earlier @Mithheru, I left for Auckland tonight and back on Sunday, would have been a good few miles for testing. Build is looking awesome though!!
You're on 137Int though I assume. If you see any dodgy vans I'm keen to hear reports as 138 is currently still built with the same DSP. If you haven't seen DC Fluids awesome review, I suggest people look it up:

Currently 138Int is looking stronger on Ka band than US137. Therefore I'd rather keep this DSP version unless it turns out to be a flop against the new redflex.

With the last few builds since I implemented the segmentation, I've been running wider K limits with 23.97 and 24.13. Even with these wider limits, I'm finding the new build is really quiet. Therefore this setting should cover all of our redflex comfortably. 24.13 on K lim 2 is likely more than what we need, but hey, I just love how it handles the Mazdas now.

Last edited:

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Just watched the new plug for the Stinger S8-50. Looks kind of cool. At the end of the day though, bang for buck I reckon at least in NZ the R7 is going to take some beating. I don't really want to go down the AI route on my R7s, but I can at least say they're updated with human intelligence! :cool:

jonup

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
@Mithheru I'm travelling to Eastern Europe in 10 days for a month. I'm mostly busy with work but a buddy of mine over there has been bugging me about RDs so I can have him put some miles on it. He's a sales rep so he puts a lot of miles daily. I haven't decided if I am taking the R7 or the DFR7 but if that is not too far out for you, I can put some mile on the fw.

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@Mithheru I'm travelling to Eastern Europe in 10 days for a month. I'm mostly busy with work but a buddy of mine over there has been bugging me about RDs so I can have him put some miles on it. He's a sales rep so he puts a lot of miles daily. I haven't decided if I am taking the R7 or the DFR7 but if that is not too far out for you, I can put some mile on the fw.
I can send you the current 138.128.119 build which I just finished earlier today. I think that would be a good chance to show off what it can do, especially with the K Limits which will be something you're not used to using so much in the US.

On another note, here is a link to the video I captured yesterday on the drive back from Wellington with 138 Build 13.

Today I've now complete build 14. This has now added the POI PassChime setting from US 137, and also hopefully ironed out a bug with the Auto lock outs. I'm now fixing issues that Uniden created!

The auto gps lock outs should now work really well on the new version, and it should also cut down on some unnecessary signal processing.

Last edited:

AADIL

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
يمكنني أن أرسل إليكم الإصدار 138.128.119 الحالي الذي انتهيت منه للتو في وقت سابق اليوم.
Good news, I've been waiting for this update.

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hopefully if I've now got everything synchronised, this will be the final build. I just need to clear out the test User Blocks, but the User blocks setting will remain on the menu. This will ensure it is easier to configure for those that need them.

jonup

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I can send you the current 138.128.119 build which I just finished earlier today. I think that would be a good chance to show off what it can do, especially with the K Limits which will be something you're not used to using so much in the US.

On another note, here is a link to the video I captured yesterday on the drive back from Wellington with 138 Build 13.

Today I've now complete build 14. This has now added the POI PassChime setting from US 137, and also hopefully ironed out a bug with the Auto lock outs. I'm now fixing issues that Uniden created!

The auto gps lock outs should now work really well on the new version, and it should also cut down on some unnecessary signal processing.
cool beans. I'll hit you up one I settle down there. Though I have a feeling final 1.38 will be out by then.

On a side note, and I apologize since it has probably been explained already, can I switch back and forth between the Int and US version like it is possible on the DFR7?

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
cool beans. I'll hit you up one I settle down there. Though I have a feeling final 1.38 will be out by then.

On a side note, and I apologize since it has probably been explained already, can I switch back and forth between the Int and US version like it is possible on the DFR7?
I have been testing International versions vs. USA versions and loading back and forth between the two no problems.
You also need to be aware of using the correct gps database to go with the firmware you're using, they are not compatible.
Just be sure to fully understand the update instructions and follow Mithheru instructions to the letter.
The update process is much different than the Uniden process for important reasons.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downhiller2010