Anyone in Colorado?

Pdrhound

Driver
General User
Reaction score
CO here bailey/evergreen and all of 285 alot to NM. Little bit of laser by CSP but mostly I/O. There is a county guy in alamosa with K band but have not seen him in about 18 months. Anyone have a definite K band hit? Id like to know where.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

PS

Anyone got a link to an up to date CO guide?

JustinP

PSL +PSL
Advanced User
Reaction score
CO here bailey/evergreen and all of 285 alot to NM. Little bit of laser by CSP but mostly I/O. There is a county guy in alamosa with K band but have not seen him in about 18 months. Anyone have a definite K band hit? Id like to know where.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

PS

Anyone got a link to an up to date CO guide?

Co Springs here. Haven't seen a legit K band hit in the front range/metro area in ages. Still used is some of the mountain and plains towns and counties though. The national park LEO's also use K. And on miltary bases, the MP's run K. I see you live pretty close to the Morrison speed trap there in Bailey/Evergreen. I used to live up in Idledale, near Evergreen.

Current list of CO threats is here:

https://www.rdforum.org/wiki/index.php?title=RDF_Geographical_Survey_-_Colorado

Last edited:

BizWiz

Learning to Fly
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
I know this is an older thread, looking for people who have ownership of LIDAR guns in the Denver area for testing.

Thanks.

Lucky225

Advanced User
Reaction score
I know this is an older thread, looking for people who have ownership of LIDAR guns in the Denver area for testing.

Thanks.

I have a PLIII, easy gun to jam, but I'm not aware of anyone else in this area that has guns for testing. I'd be glad to help ya test, I'm a little busy this month though so scheduling will be difficult.

BizWiz

Learning to Fly
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have a PLIII, easy gun to jam, but I'm not aware of anyone else in this area that has guns for testing. I'd be glad to help ya test, I'm a little busy this month though so scheduling will be difficult.

Cool lmk when you might have a window of time. Where in relation to Denver are you? ~ roughly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9mmkungfu

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
You guys ever meet up for testing? If not, let's do this. I'm in Denver for the moment :)

freakNfit

psl+5000
Intermediate User
Reaction score
New user here in Denver/Littleton CO. Drive mainly between Littleton and DTC.

JustinP

PSL +PSL
Advanced User
Reaction score
New user here in Denver/Littleton CO. Drive mainly between Littleton and DTC.

Welcome! What detector are you running? I hope not the one in your signature :D

freakNfit

psl+5000
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome! What detector are you running? I hope not the one in your signature :D

LOL, thought I put the Max360 in the sig line but apparently not :rimshot:

I'm also buying an ALP in the next day or two.

ColoradoMike

Red Sox Nation
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome freakNfit.......I make the run from Monument Hill area up to Centennial Apt area several times a week for work.

Remember before you purchase your "Parking Sensors" that they are illegal here in Colorado, but you are probably aware of that already.

Last edited:

Lucky225

Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome freakNfit.......I make the run from Monument Hill area up to Centennial Apt area several times a week for work.

Remember before you purchase your "Parking Sensors" that they are illegal here in Colorado, but you are probably aware of that already.

Yes and no. (2)(a) specifically says 'designed or intended', so "parking sensors" are only designed and intended to help you park :D

(2)(b) offers some argumentibility on legality (lidar jammers are technically legal under FCC regulations given that they're NOT illegal under said regs.)
42-4-1415. Radar jamming devices prohibited - penalty.

(1) (a) No person shall use, possess, or sell a radar jamming device.

(b) No person shall operate a motor vehicle with a radar jamming device in the motor vehicle.

(2) (a) For purposes of this section, "radar jamming device" means any active or passive device, instrument, mechanism, or equipment that is designed or intended to interfere with, disrupt, or scramble the radar or laser that is used by law enforcement agencies and peace officers to measure the speed of motor vehicles. "Radar jamming device" includes but is not limited to devices commonly referred to as "jammers" or "scramblers".

(b) For purposes of this section, "radar jamming device" shall not include equipment that is legal under FCC regulations, such as a citizens' band radio, ham radio, or any other similar electronic equipment.

(3) Radar jamming devices are subject to seizure by any peace officer and may be confiscated and destroyed by order of the court in which a violation of this section is charged.

(4) A violation of subsection (1) of this section is a class 2 misdemeanor traffic offense, punishable as provided in section 42-4-1701 (3) (a) (II) (A).

(5) The provisions of subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to peace officers acting in their official capacity.

JustinP

PSL +PSL
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes and no. (2)(a) specifically says 'designed or intended', so "parking sensors" are only designed and intended to help you park :D

(2)(b) offers some argumentibility on legality (lidar jammers are technically legal under FCC regulations given that they're NOT illegal under said regs.)
42-4-1415. Radar jamming devices prohibited - penalty.

(1) (a) No person shall use, possess, or sell a radar jamming device.

(b) No person shall operate a motor vehicle with a radar jamming device in the motor vehicle.

(2) (a) For purposes of this section, "radar jamming device" means any active or passive device, instrument, mechanism, or equipment that is designed or intended to interfere with, disrupt, or scramble the radar or laser that is used by law enforcement agencies and peace officers to measure the speed of motor vehicles. "Radar jamming device" includes but is not limited to devices commonly referred to as "jammers" or "scramblers".

(b) For purposes of this section, "radar jamming device" shall not include equipment that is legal under FCC regulations, such as a citizens' band radio, ham radio, or any other similar electronic equipment.

(3) Radar jamming devices are subject to seizure by any peace officer and may be confiscated and destroyed by order of the court in which a violation of this section is charged.

(4) A violation of subsection (1) of this section is a class 2 misdemeanor traffic offense, punishable as provided in section 42-4-1701 (3) (a) (II) (A).

(5) The provisions of subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to peace officers acting in their official capacity.

2B doesn't apply to LIDAR. The FCC doesn't regulate light. Although, technically, since the don't regulate light and have no laws against it, then it would be legal, since it's not illegal :D.

ColoradoMike

Red Sox Nation
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
While I an not an attorney, I would think the “designed/intended” clause would have to be debated in court.

Trust me....I’m the first one to install parking assistance aids....but I’m erroring on the side of caution as I do not want to even “Go There”.....I get enough crap coming home from HPR that after a day of 100+ it’s not worth it

freakNfit

psl+5000
Intermediate User
Reaction score
With correct JTK procedure, the chances of being pulled over by law enforcement that 1. Know anything about jammers, and 2. Actually look close enough at the front of the car to notice them are extremely low. I reckon I've been pulled over at least 20 times in my life and not once have they ever looked at the front of my car. Anyways, I finished installing and configuring the ALP this morning. Now just time to find a group to test them with here in CO.

BizWiz

Learning to Fly
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Beep Boop, anyone in need of renting confirmation time on a TSS in Denver Area?

frameon

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Roxborough Park running DFR7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RockyMtnMike

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Boulder area here. Got 5 tickets in 1.5 years and need a clean streak so here I am. Had a car that made it too easy for me and didn't engender sympathy with LEOs.

I have read that if pulled over a LEO wouldn't notice any sensors that were installed on the front of the car, but what about the radar detector in the dashboard or laser control panel in the front seat? Wouldn't this trigger suspicion to check?

Also, while radar detectors aren't illegal if you're pulled over a warning is out of the question I imagine. Anyone have some good advice? I'm debating going all in with a compete system but have some concerns about causing myself more trouble.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeadEyeSolo