Display Mode Auto

languy99

Advanced User
Reaction score
Question
When I have the display mode set to auto it should dark the display of savvy (speed) is muting the detector or GPS is muting the detector correct?
So if I am in an area I have never been before and above the savvy speed it should display on the sector correct? If so it does not seem to be working. I have been in a few new areas way above savvy speed and the display has gone dark when detecting k band radar. Is this a normal reaction?

mswlogo

Software Developer
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
It should only go dark if GPS or Savvy muted. Did the K-Band get muted?

languy99

Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes it did. It should not have correct?

mswlogo

Software Developer
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
If it muted it, then you were probably under Savvy or GPS Muted (and the display turned off with it).
It doesn't just randomly mute stuff. Watch the V1Driver display and it will tell you what it does with each radar hit.

languy99

Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok it did it again today. V1Driver displays duplicate. Once it displays that it mutes the V1 and blanks the display. On the map it shows the dot as new and is black.

Last edited:

languy99

Advanced User
Reaction score
This is what I’d displays when it must everything. What is this?

Attachments

• 19A5C0D3-18C4-46BD-BE47-F1AED904C3BB.jpeg
    19A5C0D3-18C4-46BD-BE47-F1AED904C3BB.jpeg
    442.9 KB · Views: 15

mswlogo

Software Developer
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Ok it did it again today. V1Driver displays duplicate. Once it displays that it mutes the V1 and blanks the display. On the map it shows the dot as new and is black.
You asked this same question via email and I gave a detailed explanation.

The V1 is likely not alerting due to K verifier filtering. If V1 is silent and mute icon is not lit up then that’s what you are probably seeing. This typically happens a weak K which is just what you are showing.

Duplicate means it’s already been processed. You receive the same signal in the “same” location, and there is nothing else for it to do.

V1 display shouldn’t go Black here. Is it black or just no signal showing? V1Driver will persist a little after signal goes away.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
@languy99 I think I might have just fixed your issue. @belusch found that when he manually muted the V1 display went out as well. This was super easy to repeat, find and fix.

When the V1 is K-Verifying and not alerting I didn't think it was actively muting. But now I think it was and was triggering the Display to turn off. I was missing a tiny check to decree who muted it and how that is now fixed.

If you want to try out the Beta version send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you an invite.

Thanks for the report and I hope this fixes your issue.

I still plan to experiment with Auto Snooze on Ka. But not ready to upload that kind of change at the moment.

languy99

Advanced User
Reaction score
Trying out the beta, so far so good. The screen stays lit when the V1 is self muting.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
20DuramaxDenaliL5P