Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
We're thinking of an EV for my wife. So I've been learning a bit about the ins and outs from Youtub channels.
One thing is very clear, the EV fanatics on there are inadvertently the best arguments against EV's.
What a lot of faffing around just to do a medium length intercity trip. When to charge, where to charge, how much to charge, it's all too much distraction from the joy of driving. But then none of them seem to actually enjoy driving.

Still, none of this would be an issue for her. Commuting only, charge it every two weeks or so at home, and she wouldn't have to worry about turbo lag when she tries to scoot through a roundabout.

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
What a lot of faffing around just to do a medium length intercity trip. When to charge, where to charge, how much to charge, it's all too much distraction from the joy of driving.
Yeah, but some people love optimizing every little thing. Sort of like someone who loves a V1 versus newbies who are put off by it ;)

she wouldn't have to worry about turbo lag when she tries to scoot through a roundabout.
Being able to implement designs that provide essentially instant full torque is one of the most attractive parts of an EV to me!

STS-134

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdubz