Another member from upstate NY

r3awak3n

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Been pretty interested in buying a radar detector for my new car (and also wifes car). I am considering the R7. Also maybe considering a laser jammer in the future, I have been reading a ton of it, ALP seems amazing but probably would go TMG for price/simpler to install (I would like to learn how to diy install).

Would love to know what info locals have about what is being used up here. I am in Saugerties, NY and travel around around this are, Albany, Hudson, Kingston.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome, the R7 and jammers would be a solid set up for you! Installing jammers is easier than you think. Just take time with the heads. If the firewall or tapping power is intimidating, have a shop just do that part.

Lars36

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Been pretty interested in buying a radar detector for my new car (and also wifes car). I am considering the R7. Also maybe considering a laser jammer in the future, I have been reading a ton of it, ALP seems amazing but probably would go TMG for price/simpler to install (I would like to learn how to diy install).

Would love to know what info locals have about what is being used up here. I am in Saugerties, NY and travel around around this are, Albany, Hudson, Kingston.
Welcome to the forum.
You'll find a lot of great information on the forum.
Plus You'll get a lot of help from the members.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
thank you for the welcome @jestric and @2018GTI !

I think would be the firewall that would be the more annoying part tbh. I like tinkering with stuff but never have done much car stuff.
Yeah, just stick with it! Google your car for amplifier installations and you will likely find the firewall penetration. I didn't do my GTI, but I did do my 2011 Ford Transit. I learned a lot!

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@r3awak3n , Welcome to the Forum!! We are glad to have you join us.

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members