ALP Connect doesn't wake up for alerts

Quasimodal

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I'm running ALP Connect v8.4A on a Surface Duo under Android 10. I don't have the NetRadar. When running ALP Connect in the background, it will provide an audible alert in response to a laser hit, but it won't wake up on the screen and allow me to JTK. I've tried just about every option in ALP Connect settings as well as checking to ensure that notifications are enabled and background usage is enabled. I'm not a very advanced Android user so is there some super-secret setting that I have to enable in order for ALP Connect to wake up?

Details: ALP Connect version 8.4A, Dongle version 2.1.1, FW version 5.6.6, PDC FW version 9.2. ALP Connect settings: Speed metric mph, Voice alerts Female, Voice pack Detailed, Audio route All, Audio mix Duck/Pause, Back button Minimize, Notify options Notify/Wake up, Wake up options Lasers, GPS source ALP, TechSuppress Off, Auto Firmware Updates Off, Start on boot Off.

sparrow34

Long time listener first time caller
Premium Plus
General User
Reaction score
I have the same problem

Quasimodal

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I installed ALP Connect on another phone (Moto g play) and once again, no pop-ups just audio alerts. Could this be a bug in v8.4A of ALP Connect? Is anybody else getting pop-ups with that version?

Patton250

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I leave the app open full-time on an old Samsung galaxy 6 phone I bought on eBay for $110 so it stays on the whole time and I get alerts. It works great and always has. I am however disappointed that absolutely no one has come in to help you guys on this thread.

Quasimodal

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks @AnthonySzum. Unfortunately the suggestions in that thread were to no avail. Interestingly, that thread was pertaining to an ALP firmware update, while it looks like the problem I'm having is an ALP Connect issue.

I'm still curious as to whether anybody ever gets a backgrounded V8.4A app to pop up to the foreground in response to an alert?

AnthonySzum

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thanks @AnthonySzum. Unfortunately the suggestions in that thread were to no avail. Interestingly, that thread was pertaining to an ALP firmware update, while it looks like the problem I'm having is an ALP Connect issue.

I'm still curious as to whether anybody ever gets a backgrounded V8.4A app to pop up to the foreground in response to an alert?
Yes, the initial thread was formed about an update but I took the opportunity to voice my conern about the same issue you are having.
I don't know if you seen within the thread my posts and Best Radar making suggestions regarding settings.

From what was said in the thread, it SHOULD pop up. However, all mone did was alert and I had to manually unlock my phone to get to it.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgtmac