New Upgrade Now Up

IsItWorthIt

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Add “update V1” to the long list of things that happen in a WallMart parking lot
I did the update in a Walmart parking lot which I usually get k band alerts at. After the update it noticed it was quieter until I got to 20ft from the door which I feel is an improvement

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
For those that are disappointed that this update seems to be small; it is my educated guess that it is actually huge based on the amount of time it takes to update. We know from past updates and directly from VR that the size of the update is an indicator of how much is being changed. This might be the biggest update yet.

TexasRed

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
For those that are disappointed that this update seems to be small; it is my educated guess that it is actually huge based on the amount of time it takes to update. We know from past updates and directly from VR that the size of the update is an indicator of how much is being changed. This might be the biggest update yet.
That's a good point. My comment was probably short-sighted.

oldvalentineguy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Remember when X-band was the nuisance coming from door openers?
Ahhh the glory days Bloovy. I often ponder that while commuting. Looking forward to testing the update. I live in TN where most local and county LEO are using and returning to K band. Troopers are 50/50 K/Ka I'd say. I've been a V1 user from day one many years ago. I've always appreciated Mike's attention to detail in the evolution of his machine. Kinda like the old commercial about fine wine not being served before it's time. That being said.... my G2 is practically useless against most any I/O K band I've encountered. Because of the terrain C/O K band alerts can be extremely short if any use at all sometimes on the lower power guns. LEO knows what we are up against and is starting to use much more I/O K in my area. Might as well be laser where I live. Love the G2 BUT......... I'm sure it will get as good as Mike and the team can get it. That's why we all use V1 right???

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
What's a USB cable?

You mean you have to plugin another cable? Do you have to get out the computer too and hook it up? I remember those days.
Does it use the shit mini USB or the even shittier micro USB socket?

I'd be done with the V1 before you even get that all set up.
Sarcasm...

IsItWorthIt

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I drive from Atlanta to Nashville about 2x p/month so I spend lots of time on I-24. I’ve seen K only once and it wasn’t a Trooper. It was a local guy on the shoulder with C/O just outside of Nashville. He may not have actually been performing speed enforcement because the way he was set up looked like he was doing something else. I had one laser hit on 440 at the exit for 21st Ave. Everything else along the route was C/O Ka.

Cannonf600

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Ahhh the glory days Bloovy. I often ponder that while commuting. Looking forward to testing the update. I live in TN where most local and county LEO are using and returning to K band. Troopers are 50/50 K/Ka I'd say. I've been a V1 user from day one many years ago. I've always appreciated Mike's attention to detail in the evolution of his machine. Kinda like the old commercial about fine wine not being served before it's time. That being said.... my G2 is practically useless against most any I/O K band I've encountered. Because of the terrain C/O K band alerts can be extremely short if any use at all sometimes on the lower power guns. LEO knows what we are up against and is starting to use much more I/O K in my area. Might as well be laser where I live. Love the G2 BUT......... I'm sure it will get as good as Mike and the team can get it. That's why we all use V1 right???
Oldvaletineguy where in TN are you seeing THP running K-band? I am everywhere in the Nashville area and travel to Chattanooga and Knoxville regularly and it's 34.7 Stalkers all day every day. I/O and some C/O and even the THP moto's I've ran across are 34.7 KA.

Total agree with you with the G2's K-band performance. I think some have misunderstood me in that I don't know about it's reactivity against certain guns but just it's outright range. It stands to reason that poor C/O performance is poor I/O performance....much less chance, if any at all of catching a sniff before its your turn to get shot.

Boozehound

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
G2s with this update are supposed to have better arrow performance than R7 or R360c.

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score
Oldvaletineguy where in TN are you seeing THP running K-band? I am everywhere in the Nashville area and travel to Chattanooga and Knoxville regularly and it's 34.7 Stalkers all day every day. I/O and some C/O and even the THP moto's I've ran across are 34.7 KA.

Total agree with you with the G2's K-band performance. I think some have misunderstood me in that I don't know about it's reactivity against certain guns but just it's outright range. It stands to reason that poor C/O performance is poor I/O performance....much less chance, if any at all of catching a sniff before its your turn to get shot.
The V1G2 has pretty damned good K band performance when it comes to C/O. I don't know why people keep saying it doesn't.

cihkal

Infracting & banning truth loses in the end 😘
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
The V1G2 has pretty damned good K band performance when it comes to C/O. I don't know why people keep saying it doesn't.
I wonder the same, the same folks have been hitting the V1G2 hard since it came out.

@RedRocket, I’ll never forget! The G2 is “too slow”. Who says that like a month or two into a new product being out!

👆That comment ages well against the HPI design within the G2 - you knew better tho!

All for what? Confusing potential buyers?

Last edited:

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ran the G2 in the car with one and then both antennas. Single alerts for each antenna. Ran the G2 in another vehicle parked perpendicular and same single alerts. Might go park our second car on the side of the street and drive by with my car with the antennas on

oldvalentineguy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

I'm in the Nashville area. There's quite a bit of THP K band on the 840 loop and on I65 between Williamson County and Nashville. I"d say 50/50. Most THP statewide use Ka in my experience. The bigger threat are Williamson County Sheriff cars. Nearly all are equipped with radar guns. 80/20 K/Ka band. My neighbor is a deputy and confirms that. Traditionally they've run them in c/o but they are beginning to go back to I/o and it is nearly impossible to sniff them out with the G2. There's a lot of K band still use by Brentwood, Franklin, Murfreesboro, and Metro Nashville police as well. As far as other's comments on folks bashing the G2's performance on K band. I'm not bashing anything. Just sharing honest real life experience where I live. As I said I'm a Valentine fan. I know V1 g1 and g2 well. I've been running g2 for over a year. I don't care if it's time delay or warning distance or whatever. G2 does not give me the same advanced warning of K band that G1 did. Some K band guns it's fine on. Other lower output guns it is a boat anchor on. I'm sure this is because g2 is MUCH BETTER at unwanted K band rejection. Not scientific. Just real life experience from a guy that will only run a Valentine. I don't envy the engineers task on this K band problem. We're asking them to tune into a radio station from far away and yet reject it from close up. If anyone can figure it out.... it's Valentine. It's a tough challenge though.

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm in the Nashville area. There's quite a bit of THP K band on the 840 loop and on I65 between Williamson County and Nashville. I"d say 50/50. Most THP statewide use Ka in my experience. The bigger threat are Williamson County Sheriff cars. Nearly all are equipped with radar guns. 80/20 K/Ka band. My neighbor is a deputy and confirms that. Traditionally they've run them in c/o but they are beginning to go back to I/o and it is nearly impossible to sniff them out with the G2. There's a lot of K band still use by Brentwood, Franklin, Murfreesboro, and Metro Nashville police as well. As far as other's comments on folks bashing the G2's performance on K band. I'm not bashing anything. Just sharing honest real life experience where I live. As I said I'm a Valentine fan. I know V1 g1 and g2 well. I've been running g2 for over a year. I don't care if it's time delay or warning distance or whatever. G2 does not give me the same advanced warning of K band that G1 did. Some K band guns it's fine on. Other lower output guns it is a boat anchor on. I'm sure this is because g2 is MUCH BETTER at unwanted K band rejection. Not scientific. Just real life experience from a guy that will only run a Valentine. I don't envy the engineers task on this K band problem. We're asking them to tune into a radio station from far away and yet reject it from close up. If anyone can figure it out.... it's Valentine. It's a tough challenge though.
Low power guns just don't give much distance in detection. I don't care how fast the detector is, ultimate distance suffers for every single detector out there when facing such threats. They are very deadly (even in constant on)

hifibrucep

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I live in Maury County and there are several Sheriffs that use low power K-band guns that give a very short warning even when they are in C/O mode. In Maury County I do not use auto lockouts on JBV1 because the police and sheriffs use so many different K-band frequencies that I have had real alerts silenced. I have owned a V1G1 and R7 and I agree that the V1G2 is bit weaker on K-Band range than the R7. I have not experienced THP using K-Band all my encounters have been in Ka band.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach Ron