New Upgrade Now Up

midd

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
First and First, the Nexus of the Universe
Wait that's it ? In 6 months they just fixed that ? I'm not the type to complain especially on the V1 but like.. excuse me lol ?
What about all the false K band alerts even with JBV1 + filtering ?

Honestly if JBV1 was not a thing + impressing KA range I would've switched for another brand.

Legit disapointed, the constant bipping from all the Mazda's and high end car in my area gets my girl tilted and she put it on my back ahaha ;D

Will keep you guys updated if its better now with the update, fingers crossed. I also have a friend that's getting the 2021 CX-5 delivered next week, I will test on it because CX-5's gets me false K band allday long (at least with the mid-december update).
You should call and complain.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
After getting over the fact that my G2 still can't beat my R1 against Q/T K band, I still think it's quicker than before and the meter IS faster! I'm getting it to react consistently at 1.5 seconds, which still ain't great but it's better than the 2.5 to 3 seconds I was getting! This is against my Genesis II, so any other K band gun would be much faster I'm sure.

Last edited:

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
I time .7 to 1 second delay in strong K band I/O with Kustom Golden Eagle.
I didn't set up my Decatur yet, but I'm seeing similar results with my Bushnell.

If I am shooting on the ground floor of my house with the detector on the same level, I am seeing 1.0 - 1.3 second delays and a 5-6 bar signal strength.

If I am shooting the Bushnell in the basement with the V1G2 above me on the ground floor, I am seeing 0.7 - 1.0 second delays at 1-2 bar signal strength.

This is one huge benefit to the apps! I can have the phone with me in the basement and see what the V1G2 is seeing. I certainly can't do this with other detectors, often resorting to just cranking the volume up and hoping for the best!
Post automatically merged:

After getting over the fact that my G2 still can't beat my R1 against Q/T K band, I still think it's quicker than before and the meter IS faster! I'm getting it to react consistantly at 1.5 seconds, which still ain't great but it's better than the 2.5 to 3 seconds I was getting! This is against my Genesis II, so any other K band gun woul be much faster I'm sure.
I'll try to test with my Decatur later on this week, weather permitting.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I didn't set up my Decatur yet, but I'm seeing similar results with my Bushnell.

If I am shooting on the ground floor of my house with the detector on the same level, I am seeing 1.0 - 1.3 second delays and a 5-6 bar signal strength.

If I am shooting the Bushnell in the basement with the V1G2 above me on the ground floor, I am seeing 0.7 - 1.0 second delays at 1-2 bar signal strength.

This is one huge benefit to the apps! I can have the phone with me in the basement and see what the V1G2 is seeing. I certainly can't do this with other detectors, often resorting to just cranking the volume up and hoping for the best!

Please let us know how it does against your Decatur! I'm going to call @VariableWave and see how his Genesis does as well.

SquirrelMaster

Likes Unicorns 🦄
ModSec
Administrator
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Keep in mind the app will add some delay due to the Bluetooth connection.

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
Keep in mind the app will add some delay due to the Bluetooth connection.
Very true, so the above results are probably even better in the real world.

Draneus

Premium Plus
General User
Reaction score
You should call and complain.
They won't do anything because they probably already aware of the issue. They just apparently can't fix it yet for some reasons... The funny thing is that before the mid december update I had way less K false which is weird and frustrating.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Very true, so the above results are probably even better in the real world.
@NorEaster18 , you'll find out faster than any of us how it does in the real world! I'm looking forward to your updates! I might not see any K band in the field for months or I could get "lucky" first thing in the morning on my way to work if I meet a deputy Sheriff shooting K band.

89q2hiu54warefs

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Upgrade went well! My phone kept disconnecting from the V1 for some reason, even though it was maybe 4 feet away from the V1. I had to bring it a few inches away to get it to update reliably. Weird. In other news, the app does a good job of handling failed updates and letting you retry if needed. :)
Sounds like the phone honestly, I had my S21U in the passenger seat, with mine mounted to the top left of the rear view mirror.

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@NorEaster18 , you'll find out faster than any of us how it does in the real world! I'm looking forward to your updates! I might not see any K band in the field for months or I could get "lucky" first thing in the morning on my way to work if I meet a deputy Sheriff shooting K band.

@Kennyc56 and @NorEaster18, what is this "K-band" of which you speak? Other than BSM and door opener false alerts, why does anyone even worry about it. ;) ;)

Matthewstorm

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Upgrade went well! My phone kept disconnecting from the V1 for some reason, even though it was maybe 4 feet away from the V1. I had to bring it a few inches away to get it to update reliably. Weird. In other news, the app does a good job of handling failed updates and letting you retry if needed. :)
Exact same thing happened to me.

biolink

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
Relient K, the Band, also known as The K Band!

:D

LOL you beat me too it! Was editing a pic for the Reliant K and saw your post.

I installed mine in rush hour traffic. Didn't see what it was all about until I exited the freeway. LOL it jumped to 6 on a CRV and went away. Got a brief 1 when CRV pulled away.

Screenshot_20210503-193203_Chrome.jpg

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Come on now, the R7 R Series Tool with the sometimes finicky USB cable absolutely crushes the V1G2 Bluetooth and RL360C WiFi update processes. ;) :rofl:
What's a USB cable?

You mean you have to plugin another cable? Do you have to get out the computer too and hook it up? I remember those days.
Does it use the shit mini USB or the even shittier micro USB socket?

I'd be done with the V1 before you even get that all set up.

Last edited:

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I can do some testing with my DSR2X today to see if it does the 9+ bogey alerts

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads