Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I love the update process VR has come up with for the V1G2. In my opinion, it's the easiest to use of any of my user-updatable detectors (I have an R7, R360C, and 3 V1G2's).

Come on now, the R7 R Series Tool with the sometimes finicky USB cable absolutely crushes the V1G2 Bluetooth and RL360C WiFi update processes. ;) :rofl:

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Freebird

Poking the bears.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Dammit @Freebird ! I wish that I was brave enough to turn it off as well! Hell if they didn't do something with it i might as well!

Bahahaha. Turn that noisy K s*** off. Tighten up your sweeps and enjoy Zero Falses performance!

Freebird

Poking the bears.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'll be pushing this update tonight and running it over the next week / 500 miles. Excited to see what it enhances.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well, my R1 still kicks the S%$# out of my G2 against not even fast K band Q/T while my G2 is still king of 35.5. This is damn disappointing for me to say the least! My G2's meter seems to react a little quicker than it did, but that could just be wishful thinking on my part.

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
My G2's meter seems to react a little quicker than it did, but that could just be wishful thinking on my part.
On K band or Ka band? While the ramp has definitely been fixed/improved on Ka, it still feels sluggish against K band on 4.1023 IMO. An improvement to that would be very nice.

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'll be pushing this update tonight and running it over the next week / 500 miles. Excited to see what it enhances.
I'm hoping it fixes the BSM breakthrough issue where one detected legitimate alert allows all filtered BSM to alert at the same time (it can be interpreted as the SHBC or even appear as though the detector can't deal with multiple BSMs.) If so, this is a pretty significant improvement to the livability of this detector.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
On K band or Ka band? While the ramp has definitely been fixed/improved on Ka, it still feels sluggish against K band on 4.1023 IMO. An improvement to that would be very nice.
On K band. It's laser fast on Ka band, just like before.

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm hoping it fixes the BSM breakthrough issue where one detected legitimate alert allows all filtered BSM to alert at the same time (it can be interpreted as the SHBC or even appear as though the detector can't deal with multiple BSMs.) If so, this is a pretty significant improvement to the livability of this detector.
I'm hoping as well. That would be a huge help with the 4-6 bogey alerts that some Hondas seem to cause.
Post automatically merged:

On K band. It's laser fast on Ka band, just like before.
I am very happy to hear this!

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm hoping as well. That would be a huge help with the 4-6 bogey alerts that some Hondas seem to cause.
Post automatically merged:

I am very happy to hear this!
I'm going to test it some more to make sure, but the meter seems to respond a little quicker after it alerts on K band.

SilenceDogoodNinja

SDN
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thanks for the notification! I didn’t get a chance to update yet but will try out tomorrow

Draneus

Premium Plus
General User
Reaction score
Wait that's it ? In 6 months they just fixed that ? I'm not the type to complain especially on the V1 but like.. excuse me lol ?
What about all the false K band alerts even with JBV1 + filtering ?

Honestly if JBV1 was not a thing + impressing KA range I would've switched for another brand.

Legit disapointed, the constant bipping from all the Mazda's and high end car in my area gets my girl tilted and she put it on my back ahaha ;D

Will keep you guys updated if its better now with the update, fingers crossed. I also have a friend that's getting the 2021 CX-5 delivered next week, I will test on it because CX-5's gets me false K band allday long (at least with the mid-december update).

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach Ron