Tmg question on the manual info

mrdead72

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So ive had this since inception , but i have yet to get it to do what the manual says it does , so im trying to ask anyone or jag if it even does this or not , so the manual says it will jam for 4 seconds then 1 minute of receive only , but i have yet to see it do this , The manual says it does this in the receive only section , i added a photo to show it , in the second paragraph
Screenshot_20201018-132542.png

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
What does it seem to do instead of what you are expecting?

I've seen/logged it but I've always used JBV1 with it so I don't know for sure what's happening without JBV1.

Initial testing before and after install showed this behavior as I recall.

Attached are my TMG Defender settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210503-055343.png
    Screenshot_20210503-055343.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 6

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In that part of the manual it is explaining what Auto mode does, and also what it does in Receive mode, hence the parentheses, and what happens when you push the RCV mode.

It works like it says, read slowly and carefully... however, you can change it in the App to different settings and it will memorize and hold the last setting of the App when App is shutdown.

Edit - I see Jag beat me to it...

mrdead72

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Well id like it to jam the 4 seconds then go to receive only for 1 minute then go back to jam/ auto , but it can't , in auto it jams for 4 sec. Then turns off jam and receive , so its not doing anything for 1 min. Then comes back on in jam mode , so you dont know if hes targeting u still or has moved on because its not on anymore until after a minute , just my thoughts , and yes i can read the info and no u dont have to read it slow its in black and white and says it , will jam for 4 seconds then receive for 1 minute , but it does not do what the manual says , so that in the manual is wrong
Post automatically merged:

So it has the same settings on the 1st button receive/auto sleep , 2nd button does auto sleep/ report , so those 2 buttons have the same feature in auto sleep , can that be a firmware change to swop button 1 to do receive only / auto sleep 4 sec the receive for 1 min then bk to auto sleep ?

Last edited:

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hmmm. I will have to check that behavior with and without JBV1.

TurboDriver

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
It jams for 4 seconds,disables jam function for 1 min, but still can receive laser, but does not jam.
This is only if you press the RCV button during an alert correct? If you let Auto time out it goes to warm-up mode.

TurboDriver

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Pressing RCV button during a alert, instantly goes to a receive only mode. Then you have to turn it back off manually.
Well then, the manual is contradictory just like @mrdead72 says and I owe him an apology! ...sorry mrdead72, I think you're right and I see what you mean!

In the RCV section it says after Auto Sleep it goes to receive mode for 1 minute, in the Auto/Sleep section it says it goes to warm-up. Something is amiss.

mrdead72

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
@Jag42 it doesn't receive in auto sleep , it only stops jamming and is totally off then comes bk on in auto sleep , it never goes to receive mode after 4 seconds of jam ! Just my observation of use i thought this had been wrong the whole time and had questioned it before but noone wanted to confirm , so here i am again !! Hopefully others can confirm what im saying and if not hell im use to looking like the bad guy !! So feel free to bash me as usual when i speak the truth here !!
Post automatically merged:

Not sure if it matters but i also had a dragon eye false on the latest update , not sure if that was some of the changes to the updates , that was only the second time and seems to be always near our mississippi bridge here , going up it to cross over. Not a big deal but mayb it helps for updates ?

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach Ron