Auto start and background refresh

modat

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So I have a v1G2 on backorder and I am going to be getting V1 Driver as soon as I get the radar.

My question is: Once I have everything set up, do I need to keep reopening the app every time I start my car or will it connect automatically? I am hoping that I can just set up the app once and never have to manually open it again. Is there anything I need to do to make that happen?

AllspeedJeff

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So I have a v1G2 on backorder and I am going to be getting V1 Driver as soon as I get the radar.

My question is: Once I have everything set up, do I need to keep reopening the app every time I start my car or will it connect automatically? I am hoping that I can just set up the app once and never have to manually open it again. Is there anything I need to do to make that happen?
Hello @modat
Once you set V1 Driver up, it will automatically launch every time that you start your vehicle and your V1G2 is powered up

sw6368

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I recently received my V1G2 and installed and setup V1 Driver. I have location settings in iOS for V1 driver set to always and precise location and background app refresh is on for the app in ios settings (which I understand is the setting needed to auto-launch). However when starting car and RD powering on, if the application is not running already (i.e. has been stopped on the phone prior), I am not seeing the app auto-launch and the radar detector never shows a Bluetooth connection. If I manually launch V1 driver will quickly connect.
If app was already running, it does auto reconnect when getting back into the car.

Not sure if I am misunderstanding the auto-launch part, of if the app is not running (and had been stopped / swiped up to kill) if it is supposed to auto-launch when radar detector starts? And if so maybe I am missing a setting?

I tend to kill all apps I am not using during the day so was hoping to not have to restart the app when getting into the car.

sbx7

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I recently received my V1G2 and installed and setup V1 Driver. I have location settings in iOS for V1 driver set to always and precise location and background app refresh is on for the app in ios settings (which I understand is the setting needed to auto-launch). However when starting car and RD powering on, if the application is not running already (i.e. has been stopped on the phone prior), I am not seeing the app auto-launch and the radar detector never shows a Bluetooth connection. If I manually launch V1 driver will quickly connect.
If app was already running, it does auto reconnect when getting back into the car.

Not sure if I am misunderstanding the auto-launch part, of if the app is not running (and had been stopped / swiped up to kill) if it is supposed to auto-launch when radar detector starts? And if so maybe I am missing a setting?

I tend to kill all apps I am not using during the day so was hoping to not have to restart the app when getting into the car.
IOS 14.5 now requires you to personally approve apps that track your movements. It usually pops up when you open an app. Have you checked this?

sw6368

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
IOS 14.5 now requires you to personally approve apps that track your movements. It usually pops up when you open an app. Have you checked this?
I did select the allow while using app at the launch pop up (I went back into location settings for V1 Driver and changed to "ask next time" so I would get the pop up again. When got the pop up on opening V1 Driver, I selected the "Allow While Using" - other options are Allow Once and Don't allow.

After selecting Allow while using on launch of V1 Driver, If I go back into privacy -> location settings for V1Driver that changes me back to while using, which I thought it needed to be always to auto launch?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgtmac