Audible alert questions

Fatbastard

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
So I started using this app a few weeks before it had the recent issues with Sabre alerts. At the beginning I would always hear the verbal announcement of a LEO ahead and where then as I got closer the radar detector like tones would play over any source. Unlike other AA announcement it did not change the volume of the music source. This was OK for the beeps but not ideal for the verbal alert especially since it seems to say the alert at speed of disclaimers on a tv commercial.

Then recently I have noticed that I get the verbal announcement about 50% of the time and the beeps somehow start at a volume higher than your audio source for a beep or two. Then they often pause for a few seconds and restart into next phase of alert. I don't think I have changed any of these settings from defaults.

So first question, is there a way to slow the verbal alert and lower audio volume like GPS alerts do?
Second, I realize the tone can be configured by why am I now getting the first few beeps louder and pauses in between?
Finally, has anyone else seen a step change sometime after the Sabre reporting issue or is it just me, my phone or my settings?

Dolphin

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
There are a lot of audio settings that you can change in the app. It includes an initial loudness of beeps and announcements, how fast and how loud it drops to a quiet mode, and speed conditions for alerts.

Check Settings -> Sound menu. Click on "Alerts types settings" paragraphs to configure each one.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach Ron