2021 Toyota Mirai

VXAce

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Got the chance to drive this nifty thing at the local Toyota Dealership earlier this week. Definitely not a speed demon or even remotely fast, but the tech is pretty cool. The price a bit steep though... 68000 USD before incentives, tax credits and rebates.

image3 (3).jpg

Smason

What is a PSL?
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Sweet tech for sure

barry

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'm a fan as well. Have you seen the article in the May 2021 Car and Driver concerning hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles? Basically, they like the technology, but say there are currently only 45 hydrogen stations in California and good fuel availability varies with location. It looks like you're in Canada so this may not be an issue.

Part of the fuel shortage in California was caused by a fire in a hydrogen production facility in Santa Clara back in 2019. Most recently, the cold snap in Texas hurt hydrogen production. On the bright side, California has pledged to add 111 more hydrogen fueling stations by 2027.

Last edited:

VXAce

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I'm a fan as well. Have you seen the article in the May 2021 Car and Driver concerning hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles? Basically, they like the technology, but say there are currently only 45 hydrogen stations in California and good fuel availability varies with location. It looks like you're in Canada so this may not be an issue.

Part of the fuel shortage in California was caused by a fire in a hydrogen production facility in Santa Clara back in 2019. Most recently, the cold snap in Texas hurt hydrogen production. On the bright side, California has pledged to add 111 more hydrogen fueling stations by 2027.
Yeah it's a bit of a shitshow. There have been shortages on hydrogen on and off (I know a few people that own Mirais and complain about it.) I'm really hoping that they figure out how to get all the stations needed and the actual hydrogen supply needed to support more vehicles. I live smack dab next to all the hydrogen stations, conduct all of my daily tasks in the vicinity of the Hydrogen stations but something about the price and over all capability still sort of keeps me away from it. I cover so many miles a year (50k miles in 2020) that having a hydrogen shortage or a major inconvenience would be extremely annoying and I'd still be stuck using a gas car as a backup/out of state road trip car.

meismyname

SysOp
SysOp
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

barry

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@VXAce, this is off topic, but I'm confused about where you are located. When I first responded to your thread on Sunday (post 3) I thought there was a Canadian flag on your "avatar". Yesterday when I checked back in I could swear there was an American flag. I was wondering how I made the mistake and said you were in Canada in my post. Now, I see a Canadian flag again. Any idea what's going on?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach Ron