Dashcam question (U1000)

isakhnov

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
@Vortex - I'm considering U1000 for my truck and wonder if I can simply connect it to always on fuse (with the radar module attached) or still drain need extra battery due to a drain on a car battery?

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
The U1000's hardwire cable is a 3-wire cable so you'll need both an always on fuse (for parking power) and an ignition triggered connection (to tell it to switch from driving to parking mode).

If you don't have an ignition triggered port, you can use a dedicated dashcam battery (hardwire or cig. lighter) that starts and stops charging based on voltage cutoffs.

isakhnov

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks @Vortex . One more q - does q1000 comes with the hardwire kit or should I buy one?

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks @Vortex . One more q - does q1000 comes with the hardwire kit or should I buy one?
I don't remember. Most any sales page should list what's included in the box, right? I've seen some places throw it in for free as a promo while others charge extra for it. I do have a separate box for the hardwire cable so I think it's a separate option. It should be clear if you read up on the details though.

Last edited:

Won Hunglo

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I went with the Thinkware OB2 cable after some power issues that kept killing my battery. Works much better than direct with with a cut off switch.

R J

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
It should come with the hardwire cable. I went with the NEO aux battery and opted for the special cable that plugs directly into the U1000.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach Ron