Roseville, MI running K-Band

metroplex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I picked up 24.085 GHz K-Band with the R7 on I-94 and thought it might be K falsing, until I spotted a black subdued Charger on an overpass driving and then looked behind me to see if someone was camping on the top of the on-ramp (MSP loves to do this), sure enough another black Charger from Roseville.

So far that's Warren with a Caprice and Roseville both running K-Band. Sneaky.

AllspeedJeff

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I’m gonna have to watch myself when I’m over that way

drtoddw

Always driving at a safe and prudent speed
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Are you saying you verified a signal at 24.085 from a cop? That seems awful low for legitimate police radar so thought I'd specifically ask.

metroplex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yes. I've seen falses from doors and stuff at 24.082 and 24.083, but these were two Roseville Chargers. One was driving on the overpass but I had gotten the K-alert ahead and it didn't seem like he was the source. Once I passed the overpass, the on-ramp was on my right and the signal started to get stronger from the rear. I looked in my right wing mirror and saw another black Roseville Charger parked on the top of the on-ramp running the K-band. That spot is usually where MSP likes to park their Chargers to run Ka band. There's nothing usually there to false the K-band (no stores etc...)

drtoddw

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hmm. That's a wicked gun; most enthusiasts with a decent detector would certainly be tempted to write that frequency off as a BSM of some type. I think I've had farm equipment that I've picked up over a half mile away at near that frequency too so, I often write those low fequncies as a false alert...even with no one around. So if it's used, that's deadly.

metroplex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I was wondering if any departments would be using more K-band figuring most of the radar detector enthusiasts would be writing off K-Band alerts as a false. I've been keeping an eye on the frequency of every K-band alert I get now.

drtoddw

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I don't think that they put that much thought into it.. At least around here. But I basically see no laser, some K, but more Ka than anything else. Even coming across any speed enforcement in my daily 95-100 miles is at most a weekly event. And when the cops around here even use radar, they tend to just sit and run C/O. Ottawa County uses laser and has cops that know how to run I/O, but I dont actually get near their known Hotspots very often.

I do have some experience with government purchasing at the local government level here in Michigan. I've found that 1) Cost and 2) supplier support would likely be more highly ranked than any PDs intent to trick the rather small number of radar detector users. But, if a department wants to prioritize speed enforcement, using methods or guns that can get by detectors is a way to do so.

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes. I've seen falses from doors and stuff at 24.082 and 24.083, but these were two Roseville Chargers. One was driving on the overpass but I had gotten the K-alert ahead and it didn't seem like he was the source. Once I passed the overpass, the on-ramp was on my right and the signal started to get stronger from the rear. I looked in my right wing mirror and saw another black Roseville Charger parked on the top of the on-ramp running the K-band. That spot is usually where MSP likes to park their Chargers to run Ka band. There's nothing usually there to false the K-band (no stores etc...)
Hmm. That's a wicked gun; most enthusiasts with a decent detector would certainly be tempted to write that frequency off as a BSM of some type. I think I've had farm equipment that I've picked up over a half mile away at near that frequency too so, I often write those low fequncies as a false alert...even with no one around. So if it's used, that's deadly.
Anecdotally, I have confirmed a Decatur Genesis II transmitting at 24.091 before. I've seen a few more guns in between that and 24.100 as well, but that is the lowest I've personally seen. Still, it wouldn't shock me to see a gun transmitting as low as @metroplex observed. It's especially nasty trying to decipher that from a false.

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Speaking of out-of-typical K band, last weekend up near the Michigan Thumb area, Sanilac County I believe, I verified a Sheriff running a Decatur K band at 24.221-.222. I circled back to double check, Redline-O, R7, and DSP all agreed!

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
Speaking of out-of-typical K band, last weekend up near the Michigan Thumb area, Sanilac County I believe, I verified a Sheriff running a Decatur K band at 24.221-.222. I circled back to double check, Redline-O, R7, and DSP all agreed!
It seems like Decaturs can be pretty spread out within their designated frequencies. For Ka band, I have confirmed a Genesis II with the Ka patch antenna at 35.404 and a Genesis II Select at 35.606. For K band, the 24.091 was the lowest I've seen and I think 24.205 was the highest from a Genesis I. While they may not be as spread out as Stalkers can be, they certainly seem to be more spread out than Kustom and MPH guns, from my limited experience.

frank od5

Learning to Fly
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Garden city still runs K band.Recently added a few 34.7 and still run a few 35.5 too.Their F150 uses k band,for whatever reason they have one is.

metroplex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Saw another Roseville PD unit running 24.107 GHz K-Band. Literally drove in front of me and turned then drove away. R7 arrows followed him. R7 didn't give me much warning but I was coming to a stop at a light anyhow so I was just cruising.

metroplex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've been thinking Roseville, MI but it really is St Clair Shores. Their cars have similar colors but the markings are different. I looked at a municipality map and the areas I spotted the 24.085 GHz and 24.107 GHz are both in St Clair Shores territory and their website/photos match the markings of their cars (more subdued text and lots of Chargers). They heavily patrol their corridor of I-94.

AllspeedJeff

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I just had an appointment in St. Clair Shores and got hit with a 24.107 GHz. At least it was C/O

AllspeedJeff

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Livsy