Thoughts on Prebuilt Gaming PCs?

Euurx

Cat Lover
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hear me out..

I've built my own gaming/workstations for the past decade for myself and family members.. I feel like this time may just be easier to buy a prebuilt vs
having the hassle of putting it all together, and worrying about where to get everything. Especially with the chip shortage, GPU prices have gone crazy.

At this point I'm fed up with having to wait till everything arrives to build then install Windows/Linux Etc. Etc. Any recommendations for pre-built gaming PCs? (brands, warranties Etc.)

Looking forward to hearing opinions

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Because of the CPU/GPU shortages it's a good idea to get a pre-built BUT but from a reputable company.

Look up Jats2Cents on YouTube. He had a lot of vids on which companies to go with

Euurx

Cat Lover
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Because of the CPU/GPU shortages it's a good idea to get a pre-built BUT but from a reputable company.

Look up Jats2Cents on YouTube. He had a lot of vids on which companies to go with
Sadly, there are tons of companies that are building pre-builts. I found a few that has 2 week ship time (confirmed by calling them direclty) w/ 3060 12GB cards, that around $1649

InDecay

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Prebuilts and laptops are the only affordable solution for modern GPUs at this time. Otherwise you'll end up spending 3+ months like I did trying to find an RTX 3000 series (and settling on a 3070).
slickdeals.net and using the PREBUILT tag on /r/buildapcsales can help you find something fairly quick: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/?f=flair_name:"Prebuilt"
There's a recent Linus Tech Tips secret shopper series that went through the buying and support processes with the bigger vendors (Dell, HP, Origin, Cyberpower, Maingear, etc).
Don't forget that a laptop and Thunderbolt dock can be fairly potent option. I got my Asus TUF Dash-F15 with an 11th gen i7, 16GB of RAM, and an RTX 3060 for $980 from Best Buy. The thing has been great when I want to escape my office and still game.

VXAce

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Gonna repeat what everyone else said already, pre-builts are the only way to new GPU's at this point unless you're willing to sit and wait for a really long time. I recommend Lenovo right now to those looking if they can find Lenovo, but builders like Cyberpower essentially do custom built PC's but do the labor and part sourcing for you.

I'm not a fan of having OEM bloatware on my machines (my machine at work is some infuriation HP Omen that has software that's really annoying but seems necessary... we'll see about that...), so even when I get something from a computer builder I usually do a fresh install anyways...

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgtmac