TMG 8.14 Out ?

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hey Jack my problem is a little different I went out to update it through the app and it updated my non-ppr 28.12 but the UDT red light is staying on it won't go off even if I press it everytime I turn my car on it's announcing open app start transferring it wants to keep transferring 8.14. And it's also asking me to transfer control to a much higher version as well can you give me a little help on this cuz right now I got no laser protection at all
Post automatically merged:

It says it successfully did the 8.1 for algorithm update but it's not doing the control update

Also it never gave me an option to go from 8.12 to 8.13 it went straight to 8.12 to 8.14on. Non VPR system

Also it never gave me an option to go from 8.12 to 8.13 it went straight to 8.12 to 8.14on. Non VPR system

Did you just change your algorithm to 8.14 and leave your control alone or did you change the control as well cuz I'm having an issue where 8.14 went through but it keeps asking me to open the app and it keeps trying to reload

At the moment, no ctrl update needed if on the latest said, say 8.10 prior.

Yes, it will jump from say 8.0x or 8.1x to 8.14 regardless if VPR system or non.

Power cycling usually will fix the issue on UDT, or manual.

goodtimes40

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
My update with a samsung s8 went smoothly
Did you just change your algorithm to 8.14 and leave your control alone or did you change the control as well cuz I'm having an issue where 8.14 went through but it keeps asking me to open the app and it keeps trying to reload
Usually a CTRL firmware fixes this error of re-occurring loop, if not send it to me but I just went out of stock on product.
So the update to 8.1 for went through. However the UDT red light stays on and will not turn off whether I long press it short press and it keeps asking to open the app and start transferring almost like it wants me to transfer the control as well what's doesn't apply to me I don't think non-ppr just if you can give me a little explanation I don't even know if I'm covered right now thanks jag

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

So the update to 8.1 for went through. However the UDT red light stays on and will not turn off whether I long press it short press and it keeps asking to open the app and start transferring almost like it wants me to transfer the control as well what's doesn't apply to me I don't think non-ppr just if you can give me a little explanation I don't even know if I'm covered right now thanks jag

Usually, the UDT gets locked on CTRL update and not the ALGO. You will know when you proper update/link on next attempt to ALGO update.

goodtimes40

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score

Was I supposed to change the control system 8.12 from where it is now at 1.03 where it's always been. That is the only other thing that I can't see transferred so I CPU it shows 8.14 what do you need to be red light stays on and it's trying to transfer any help would be appreciated

Usually, the UDT gets locked on CTRL update and not the ALGO. You will know when you proper update/link on next attempt to ALGO update.
It shows an option to update the control 28.12 instead of word is that 1.03 like it has been always. Am I supposed to transfer that over as well on this update or just the 8.14 algorithm thank you because right now I'm stuck with the UDT light trying to transfer the rest of whatever though cuz I haven't done the control I left the control alone at 1.03 I don't know if I'm supposed to update that

Last edited:

Marty K

Always Driving Vigilantly
Advanced User
Reaction score
@goodtimes40,

I had the same issue, and already posted about it here...

Basically, at this point your only option is to use an iOS device to "complete" the update and get out of this loop!

I've never had update issues with my system and using my ancient Android phone. Never updated the app or the OS, and all of a sudden 8.14 caused this issue. Whether you apply the CTRL algo or not, it will not fix that loop.

It's a very mysterious problem...

goodtimes40

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yes, I just found out. This one is for new La

I just decided to update one of my two TMG systems (one nonVPR and other VPR) that I have left... Since @viggendriver has 8.13 on his VPR, I left mine on 8.12, and figured update my nonVPR to 8.13, and came across 8.14 ?

View attachment 177836
Are you supposed to change the control to 8.1 to like it shows in the app when you do the update algorithm 8.14. Or non PPR do you keep the 1.03 control and only do the algorithm update

Yes, I just found out. This one is for new Laser Algos.
8.14 algorithm. Went good. It shows 8.12 for the control and I did not switch that and am I supposed to change that to 8.12? Maybe that's why it keeps on trying to transfer I'm really not sure but what am I supposed to do Jag if you can help me that be great

Last edited:

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

Are you supposed to change the control to 8.1 to like it shows in the app when you do the update algorithm 8.14. Or non PPR do you keep the 1.03 control and only do the algorithm update
When you update, it will read you ALGO and your CTRL. If you are on 1.03 for control, no need to update CTRL. Only the ALGO will mention, as shown in my #1 post update for. If no update is needed, it will state nothing new.

Does confuse us a little. especially with old of three style systems.... Pre vs Released vs VPR.

Last edited:

goodtimes40

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
When you update, it will read you ALGO and your CTRL. If you are on 1.03 for control, no need to update CTRL. Only the ALGO will mention, as shown in my #1 post update for. If no update is needed, it will state nothing new.

Does confuse us a little. especially with old of three style systems.... Pre vs Released vs VPR.
I updated okay to 8.14 algorithm but my UDT red light is staying on and is asking to keep opening my app like it's trying to do that algorithm transfer as well and it's not resetting any ideas

I updated okay to 8.14 algorithm but my UDT red light is staying on and is asking to keep opening my app like it's trying to do that algorithm transfer as well and it's not reset???? Not sure what to do here and if I'm even protected at this point the UDT light staying on the transfer went fine I've done algorithm without issue before for whatever reason this one was bad

Jag42

USA TMG a-15 Dealer - PM me
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I updated okay to 8.14 algorithm but my UDT red light is staying on and is asking to keep opening my app like it's trying to do that algorithm transfer as well and it's not resetting any ideas

Try a reset, Then an Algo update again.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
FWIW, CTRL updates seem to be very rare while ALGO updates are more common.

When updating, we generally should expect to only update the ALGOrithm. There's different procedures for CTRL updates.

goodtimes40

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'm facing the exact same issue. Using a device with Android 11, updated to 8.13 just a few days ago, and the 8.14 update had caused an update loop with inability to exit. I cleared the app cache to redownload the files, still error. I tried another Android device on Android 10, and it's failing too. My CTRL update was able to go through, and I'm on the latest 1.03. I will try an iOS device next.

Does someone have the 8.13 algo.bin file they could share? I will try downgrading to 8.13 by placing it in the tmg root folder to see if that works.
I'm having a similar problem my UDT light is stuck in a loop. It says it updated to 8.14 but it's trying to update the control to 8.12 and mine is set 1.03 control. I tried several soft resets it's bricked. Never had a problem before so I may have to send this one back?

surprisinguy

Government can only give what it takes...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

goodtimes40

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I just did the algo update to 814
My cpu stuck udt light. Heres picture. Reset did not help it. It appears to have updated to 8.14 firmware... but like in the picture here it's showing control 8.12 and I think that's where it's getting stuck it's not finished with the transferring of files. I don't know I'm waiting to hear from JAG. If I'm supposed to update control to 8.1 to like it shows in the picture screenshot then I need to do that but from what I hear you're only supposed to touch the firmware or not the control so until I hear differently I'm leaving it alone. Hopefully Jagged contact me soon so I can send this CPU to him

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210504-073516.png
    Screenshot_20210504-073516.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 2

goodtimes40

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Attempted updating (with Android phone) and it messed up the CPU!

Said "Error. Please try again". It's stuck in that loop every time I try. Power cycle does not help. When I turn the system on, it will announce the initiation of the update process (giving the instructions to open phone app, etc), and just sit there.

Tried the reset button, but it gets stuck there as well - reset LED (red) and update button LED (red) stay solid, none of the buttons are responsive. Did try the reset few times and it sits there until I pull the power cable off (last time I waited almost 30 minutes).

Updating to 8.13 was successful and quick just about 10 days ago...

@Jag42, any idea / suggestion?
I'm having the same issue with mine. I've had never had a problem uploading firmware but in this case it's bricked and the UDT light stays on and continuously asks to start transferring files. The firmware transferred fine am I supposed to transfer the control also maybe that's why it's brick I don't know I'm waiting to hear from JAG

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Have any of you with problems cleared cache, etc. for TMG Defender?
Maybe what is really happening when someone tries an iOS device (after an Android device) and it works is that the downloads on the iOS device are fresh.

Deleting the previously downloaded files and starting with new files might make the difference.

goodtimes40

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Maybe what is really happening when someone tries an iOS device (after an Android device) and it works is that the downloads on the iOS device are fresh.

Deleting the previously downloaded files and starting with new files might make the difference.
I've never had any issues with this phone on previous updates. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it will not let me even talk to the server now. I think at this point it's time to mail it and let them handle it in Texas unless it's a server issue there's been a couple people that were stuck just like me on this update?

saheb7

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I've never had any issues with this phone on previous updates. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it will not let me even talk to the server now. I think at this point it's time to mail it and let them handle it in Texas unless it's a server issue there's been a couple people that were stuck just like me on this update?
I was facing the same issue, used a phone that had just completed the 8.13 update successfully a few days ago and the 8.14 update failed and caused it to be stuck in an update loop. I tried a fresh Android phone with similar results. I was finally able to get it to work by using an iOS device. A few others on here have had to do the same.

I tried doing exactly this with my phone - clearing all cache, storage and doing a fresh install, but still faced the same issue. I even tried a fresh Android phone on a lower Android OS and the same issue arose. As soon as I used an iOS device, the update went through.

Dodgediesel

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I was facing the same issue, used a phone that had just completed the 8.13 update successfully a few days ago and the 8.14 update failed and caused it to be stuck in an update loop. I tried a fresh Android phone with similar results. I was finally able to get it to work by using an iOS device. A few others on here have had to do the same.

I tried doing exactly this with my phone - clearing all cache, storage and doing a fresh install, but still faced the same issue. I even tried a fresh Android phone on a lower Android OS and the same issue arose. As soon as I used an iOS device, the update went through.
Same here. No issues with an iPhone, wouldn't work with a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus or S20 Plus.

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
No issues updating 2x non VPR cpus to 8.14 with a Galaxy S9. Did take 2-3x longer than usual though, but it worked nonetheless.

One issue I've noticed is that after updating the first CPU to the latest firmware, the app shows the 2nd CPU already has the latest FW. Loads latest FW just fine when pushing to the 2nd CPU. This has always been the case for the past 2 yrs. Essentially the app is not a valid means of determining which FW is installed on a CPU.
I've ALWAYS noticed that. That is why on ANY UPGRADE i flash 3x and oem Reset the CM.

B

Reactions: 001

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach Ron