TMG 8.14 Out ?

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I just decided to update one of my two TMG systems (one nonVPR and other VPR) that I have left... Since @viggendriver has 8.13 on his VPR, I left mine on 8.12, and figured update my nonVPR to 8.13, and came across 8.14 ?

1619212475784.png

Last edited:

mcbrien007

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
i just went 8.13 non vpr.. should i go 8.14

DChiJEllis

Moderator Emeritus/Lifetime Contributor🇺🇸🇳🇴🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Trollstigen, Lysevegen og Atlanterhavsveien
Still not showing for me in the iOS app.

DChiJEllis

Moderator Emeritus/Lifetime Contributor🇺🇸🇳🇴🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Trollstigen, Lysevegen og Atlanterhavsveien
I tried Android as well through the phone I have for JBV1. No luck there either.

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Can't find 8.14 on Android either, must of gotten pulled or gone missing...

cs9

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Don’t see it on the iOS app, but still very excited for a new laser algo.

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well did some testing today on VPR only with 8.13 and 8.14. Did a better.job handling my DESL and my DEC (nonECCM). Definitely a step in the right direction. Also, confirmed no issues on PL2, PL3, TSS as well, just to check nothing got broke.

Marty K

Always Driving Vigilantly
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well did some testing today on VPR only with 8.13 and 8.14. Did a better.job handling my DESL and my DEC (nonECCM). Definitely a step in the right direction. Also, confirmed no issues on PL2, PL3, TSS as well, just to check nothing got broke.
Any difference in results between 8.13 and 8.14 for the guns you tested against?

Memonstatus

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Can we have VPR on front and g2 heads in the rear or do we still have to have VPR on the rear if we have VPR on the front?

SilenceDogoodNinja

SDN
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Can we have VPR on front and g2 heads in the rear or do we still have to have VPR on the rear if we have VPR on the front?
Unless something has changed you need both VPR or none

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I thought TMG updated their FW to fire VPR on all guns, hence no issues with VPR on front without VPR also needing on rear?

Marty K

Always Driving Vigilantly
Advanced User
Reaction score

I thought TMG updated their FW to fire VPR on all guns, hence no issues with VPR on front without VPR also needing on rear?

You can go without VPR on the rear, but the DE algos will not be utilized in such case. You still have rear protection, but if facing rear DE shot, the results may not be good for you.

When I tested my setup (Front - 2 G2 + VPR, Rear - 2 G2, with algo 8.12), the front did OK against DE (full and compact) with PTs at closer range, but the rear was IPTs against both. I don't want to mislead anyone, so I must share that the front install results were about identical whether I had the VPR sensor connected or not. But keep in mind that every install is different (different vehicle shape/size and sensor positioning), so my results do not mean it is the case for everyone.

Last edited:

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Any difference in results between 8.13 and 8.14 for the guns you tested against?
No difference from 8.13 and .14 seen with the guns tested.
Post automatically merged:

Unless something has changed you need both VPR or none
There is a change, as all heads fire now, or at least with my DE on .13 and .14.

Last edited:

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I am on ios and yesterday updated to 8.13 which went very easy and fast.

I dont see 8.14 for ios ?
Post automatically merged:

You can go without VPR on the rear, but the DE algos will not be utilized in such case. You still have rear protection, but if facing rear DE shot, the results may not be good for you.

When I tested my setup (Front - 2 G2 + VPR, Rear - 2 G2, with algo 8.12), the front did OK against DE (full and compact) with PTs at closer range, but the rear was IPTs against both. I don't want to mislead anyone, so I must share that the front install results were about identical whether I had the VPR sensor connected or not. But keep in mind that every install is different (different vehicle shape/size and sensor positioning), so my results do not mean it is the case for everyone.
When you said the front did ok, can you provide more details?

Last edited:

surprisinguy

Government can only give what it takes...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
8.14 not showing as available - just 8.13 on TMG app - redid it though and it still just shows 8.13

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach Ron