New To Forum & Valentine V1 Gen 2 Question

HEP15

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Greetings from Austin TX!

I purchased a V1 Gen 2 and am using V1 Driver. I've had the detector for a few months and it doesn't appear to be locking out falses that are encountered multiple times - K band speed signs for example. I'm using the default settings in V1 Driver for GPS settings. Maybe I don't understand what the GPS lockout functionality is or I need to change the settings but I was expecting these types of falses to stop alarming after being encountered multiple times. Please educate me or let me know what I need to do to make this work.

Thank you!

AllspeedJeff

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Greetings from Austin TX!

I purchased a V1 Gen 2 and am using V1 Driver. I've had the detector for a few months and it doesn't appear to be locking out falses that are encountered multiple times - K band speed signs for example. I'm using the default settings in V1 Driver for GPS settings. Maybe I don't understand what the GPS lockout functionality is or I need to change the settings but I was expecting these types of falses to stop alarming after being encountered multiple times. Please educate me or let me know what I need to do to make this work.

Thank you!
You can manually lock out speed signs by doing a 2 finger swipe right. Check out this video below from @Vortex

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hello @HEP15 and welcome aboard RDF! @AllspeedJeff has provided some great information that should definitely hep you with your problem. Remember, the search feature on this forum is your friend and when that doesn't work don't hesitate to ask questions.

Finally, the @Vortex Radar Website is always a great source of information as well.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome, the V1G2 is a solid detector!

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@HEP15 , Welcome to the Forum!! @AllspeedJeff has pointed you in the right direction. I am a V1G2 owner, and I use V1 Driver, and Vortex’s video above and website are great for information on V1 Driver.

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the purchase, I hope you get it sorted out

XDA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome HEP15! I'm from Houston, I was in Austin with my V1G2 last weekend.
I went to The University there in the late '70's [Hook 'em!], when we were under the national 55 mph limit. I had a CB and radar detector, used to see how fast I could make it between Austin & Houston. Back then there was no traffic in Austin, I could make it out of town real easy.
This is a good place, you'll enjoy it here.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
exmeaguy