Reaction score
OOF.

I've gone faster in that stretch ;)

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Impressive, and not necessarily high risk on that highway. What was high risk was going that fast presumably without a rabbit. Then again, I've never found a rabbit moving 243 kph.

TurdBurglar

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hopefully waze and rdd will catch any stationary radar and for moving radar, got to watch those leo turnaround opportunities.
Post automatically merged:

Was the cop moving, though?
The Stalker radar mode says its "SC" "Stationary Closing".
Nice catch, learnt something there.

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I wish my car could go that fast! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: jcp

Gatortotz

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yikes! I assume this is closer to the coast and out of the mountains?

nomore55

PSL +10%
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yikes, I hope that young fella has deep, deep pockets! Wouldn't that be mandatory 10-yr sentence behind bars in Ca?

Jdem

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Ah yes, they’re always patrolling up and down that area with radar. I got nabbed 12+ years ago doing 170kmh up the hill out of Merritt there on radar (before I had a detector or understood how radar even works) Talked my way out of it 😂

Twi7ch

brap brap
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Ouch, the worst part is being stuck out of town without a car for 7 days. Unless you can do your job remotely and have the gear you're kinda SOL.

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

JayC

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I'm surprised he pulled over. Most people I know wouldn't pull over at that speed, but then again I don't know that area.

I'm not advising that you run from police but there are times when you need to make a decision.

Smason

What is a PSL?
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yeah, it's tough to say. There aren't really any jurisdictional borders with RCMP so they'll just call down the road to the next guy.

Not to mention a white C7 vette doesn't exactly blend it.

JayC

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Yeah, it's tough to say. There aren't really any jurisdictional borders with RCMP so they'll just call down the road to the next guy.

Not to mention a white C7 vette doesn't exactly blend it.

True. Best odds are to get off the main road and get it somewhere you can park it. Ideally that'd be home but that's probably not going to work here so you'd want to take it off the highway and find some backroad store to park behind and ditch the car till nightfall, then crawl your way back home.

What annoys me though is there are people on Facebook whining about "he is endangering lives". I see this all the time about speeders and the majority of the time it's bullshit pushed by the RCMP and media. I'd put money down to say he had a wide open road and just floored it for a while. The only danger was to himself.

Draneus

Premium Plus
General User
Reaction score
Easy contest on this one, he got tagged by a moving copcar. On this stretch line I also went higher than this speed, you cannot not smash the right pedal on this. There is some nice viewing spots with lots of cover nearby.

At this point he should've just smashed the throttle even more and hide... Hoping its not an interceptor behind him ahhaa. I'm obviously not encouraging this kind of behavior but.. you do what you gotta do right :)

Last edited:

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Easy contest on this one, he got tagged by a moving copcar. On this stretch line I also went higher than this speed, you cannot not smash the right pedal on this. There is some nice viewing spots with lots of cover nearby.

At this point he should've just smashed the throttle even more and hide... Hoping its not an interceptor behind him ahhaa. I'm obviously not encouraging this kind of behavior but.. you do what you gotta do right :)
One also has to assess if not successful in the evasion that an excessive speed ticket and car impound just turned into a criminal offence for causing a police pursuit.

Personally I'd rather pay the ticket etc. and chalk it up to a teaching moment on how to better scan the environment, than have my fingerprints taken and potentially throw a wrench into any international travel plans. YMMV

Smason

What is a PSL?
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
One also has to assess if not successful in the evasion that an excessive speed ticket and car impound just turned into a criminal offence for causing a police pursuit.

Personally I'd rather pay the ticket etc. and chalk it up to a teaching moment on how to better scan the environment, than have my fingerprints taken and potentially throw a wrench into any international travel plans. YMMV
Is this what maturity looks like?

Draneus

Premium Plus
General User
Reaction score

Well first I agree with your POV but hear me out :

The guy was doing 243 km/h and the cop looked to be at a stop when he got the speed. At that point, you know you just got hard ****ed and his coming for you. This is not a criminal offense to just keep going on the throttle because you haven't seen the cop yet. My point is, as long as the cop is not right on your ass and you can argue that you did not see him, with a good lawyer you gonna get the criminal charge drop.

I'ts not running away from police as long as you do it quick enough, just use your brain. Saved me an impound once back in time ^_^

The dude is kinda dumb to not run a RD in BC especially in a Corvette. He would've been alerted way before.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgtmac