Hello from New England

k1rth1

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just got the Uniden R7 on sale last month and I'm loving it so far. I've never gotten pulled over but I could just feel my luck running out so I finally pulled the plug on the R7. Vortex's YouTube and this forum have been invaluable resources to help set it up.

I'm still learning how to differentiate between false alerts and genuine ones but occasionally I come across cops parked in the middle of interstates/highways but the R7 doesn't detect them. I understand not every cop car runs speed enforcement but those clearly are. So why doesn't my R7 pick it up but it's reported on Waze?

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
welcome to the forum

nomore55

PSL +10%
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
So why doesn't my R7 pick it up but it's reported on Waze?

Potentially napping, talking to his GF, pushing a pen. Could be a million reasons. Kirth, there's no assurance a cop is using any sort of laser or radar because they are marked on Waze. How did you establish that correlation???

Welcome aboard !!

k1rth1

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Potentially napping, talking to his GF, pushing a pen. Could be a million reasons. Kirth, there's no assurance a cop is using any sort of laser or radar because they are marked on Waze. How did you establish that correlation???

Welcome aboard !!
Thank you!
There's no correlation I suppose. I just got alerted by Waze first so I was hoping the R7 alert would follow but it never came. So I was just curious if they were using something that the R7 couldn't pick up.

Hello @k1rth1 and welcome aboard RDF! We're glad that you decided to join us. :cool:
Thank you! Glad to be here
welcome to the forum
Thank you!

TestFire

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Welcome and try to go to the R7 pages using the search, you may find more information there that can help. My R7 has only had a few false alerts when I first set it up and the only time it didn't alert on a DPS on the side of the road was because he was on his computer from what I could see going pass him (radar was off maybe).

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome! If they are parked perpendicular to the road chances are higher they are running laser. Around me, they will often just sit there to slow traffic down too. R7 is probably not gonna alert to laser FYI!

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@k1rth1 , Welcome to the Forum!! We are glad to have you here. Great choice on the R7.

westwind77

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I understand not every cop car runs speed enforcement but those clearly are. So why doesn't my R7 pick it up but it's reported on Waze?
A very low percentage of LEO's in the median (that I come across) are actually running enforcement. Most will sit there very visible to reduce speed and every slows when they are spotted.

The other option is that they are shooting laser, which chances are your RD will not pick up unless you are lucky.

As you pass them pay attention (as safety as you can) to see if they are holding something in their hands.

As I said before most I see in the median are just there for a visual cue to slow down. If they are trying to enforce they are in a lot more strategic places.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spitcool