Big 3 35.5 Shootout

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I probably will once the lock outs are learned. The problem is by reducing the sensitivity, with how crappy the auto locks are working, it seems to never lock anything out, yet still alerts in most of the same locations, just for shorter periods of times. It's quite frustrating to be honest.

I have run it at lower sensitivity before (along with the R3), but both were just so annoying that I eventually just shut K band off all together on them.

I was hoping 1.35 would allow me to have the best of both worlds.
I'm not sure trying to setting up auto lockouts at a higher percentage really buys you anything. If you set them at 100% and then dial things back to 50%, it may just unlock everything it set at 100% when it doesn't see them in the same exact place at 50%. Not sure about that, though.

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm not sure trying to setting up auto lockouts at a higher percentage really buys you anything. If you set them at 100% and then dial things back to 50%, it may just unlock everything it set at 100% when it doesn't see them in the same exact place at 50%. Not sure about that, though.
That's possible, but I do know they weren't working very well with advanced mode turned on.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
That's possible, but I do know they weren't working very well with advanced mode turned on.
They do need some more work, I think.

WildOne

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It does depend on the cars you see, but running it at K=100% is not doing apples to apples with the V1G2 in A mode. 40% is approx equivalent. 50% should be a little better than A mode on the V1G2.
Yes, this is true, but I'm now running both of them for effectiveness, not BSM comparison. FYI, I have only one instance where the R7 alerted before the V1 (straight line shot). Besides the two cases where I had K block on weak and the V1 alerted before the R7 to LEO, there has actually been an off axis K CO alert that the V1 won out by almost 10 sec. Mostly they are within a sec or so. It would seem that the off axis Ka benefit is also there a little bit in K too!

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes, this is true, but I'm now running both of them for effectiveness, not BSM comparison. FYI, I have only one instance where the R7 alerted before the V1 (straight line shot). Besides the two cases where I had K block on weak and the V1 alerted before the R7 to LEO, there has actually been an off axis K CO alert that the V1 won out by almost 10 sec. Mostly they are within a sec or so. It would seem that the off axis Ka benefit is also there a little bit in K too!
That is possible. I have noticed, somewhat strangely, that the V1G2 actually seems to do better with weak, off-axis K than it does with stronger on-axis K when it comes to the K alert delay.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have that slated as well. It should be interesting.

I think I have a plan on how to test for I/O range.
I'd love to see a test like this with several different K band guns involved, especially a Genesis II, which is turning out to be like the Dragon Eye is to my TMG's! @VariableWave 's Genesis also destroyed both of our V1G2's. His was still on the older firmware while mine was on the new firmware. He even tried 2 different antennas and they were equally deadly against both G2's, while his V1G1 and one of my R1's ate the Q/T shots up like candy!

WalterTheRadarWizard9999

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
To be fair to the R7 however, it kills the V1G2 against K band and murders the RL360c on all bands of I/O and Q/T! The R7 is a very balanced detector against all threats while the V1G2 ia a one hit wonder against Ka band, at least till it gets fixed! Lucky for me I don't ever face I/O K band, but all it will take is once and my day will be ruined!
Don't worry kenny brother you're not in Hellginia lol 😆 😂 8

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Quick Trigger
Gun warmed up and ready to broadcast.

SlimTim

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm familiar with I/O but had never seen it referred to as Q/T.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pieterjnz