HR with Samsung S5 on Bluetooth

HankLloydRight

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have an old Samsung S5 in my car for dedicated HR use. I added a small BT speaker under the footwell to better hear the HR alerts. But no matter what settings I try, I can't get HR to only announce alerts on the BT speaker, they always come out of the phone's speaker AND the BT speaker, with the BT speaker having about a 1/2 second delay, which makes trying to actually understand the alerts difficult.

Are there any tips or tricks to get it to alert ONLY to the BT speaker?

Thanks.

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
This should be controlled by "Settings -> Sound -> Play alert sound as alarm", it should be disabled in your case.
If this doesn't help, can you try playing musing from any app (say, YouTube or Spotify), and verify if you have a similar issue or not?

HankLloydRight

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow. If I play music from the music app, it only comes out the BT speaker.

HankLloydRight

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
This should be controlled by "Settings -> Sound -> Play alert sound as alarm", it should be disabled in your case.

I disabled this option, but it didn't change the behavior. I had overlooked this option before since it mentioned AAuto, which I'm not using.

But either way, I disabled the crowdsourced voice alerts and that pretty much solved my problem. I can still hear the alert beeps as I get closer to a police location, and that's all that really matters for my use cases.

Also, FYI, even with "Play alert sound as alarm" disabled, if I go into the sound settings where there's a long list of alert sounds to choose from, they also sound from both the phone and BT speaker. But there's no need to dig further as turning off the voice pretty much solved my issue.

I do have a broader Waze issue though. Today driving back from Philly to New Haven, I had dozens of police alerts pop up, and when I got to the alert location, and even up to 1/3 mile afterwards, in all but one single case, there were never any police to be seen. I get that police frequently move, but I'd say half of the alerts said they were updated less than a minute before, according to HR. So I'm confused as to who/how are these alerts getting updated literally seconds before I get them, and yet, there's never any police to be found (on either side of the road).

thanks.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach Ron