2.9.2 released

gra

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
With orientation locked, JBV1 still bypass settings...

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Reactions: gra

gra

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
No, on phone settings locked to landscape. Where to find in jbv settings?

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
There are multiple ways of "locking" orientation in Android itself, and at least one that I sometimes use that makes everything portrait all the time no matter what.

But, for the purposes of JBV1, it's under Menu>Settings>Display>Orientation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210420-090043.png
    Screenshot_20210420-090043.png
    150.6 KB · Views: 10

LI2624

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
There are multiple ways of "locking" orientation in Android itself, and at least one that I sometimes use that makes everything portrait all the time no matter what.

But, for the purposes of JBV1, it's under Menu>Settings>Display>Orientation.
What is reverse landscape and reverse portrait ?

Also, I have JBV1 setup so that it opens in landscape, opens Waze, and splits the screen. JBV1 opens fine into landscape, splits the screen, but when Waze opens, it goes to portrait mode. Cannot figure out why that happens. Guessing Waze cannot open in landscape not matter what. Note that I do not have auto rotate on. If I do, then no issues, but just wondering why Waze forces portrait mode.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Reverse landscape and portrait are for displaying upside down in those directions. (You will often see in a Johnboy00 video that he has the charging plug pointed up for example)

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with Waze in that scenario. I tend to run in portrait when I do split screen stuff so I probably would never notice that.

A few years ago I requested that Johnboy00 add this ability to restrict orientation but these days I have it set to Auto.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Many (most?) apps won't display upside down by default in portrait orientation. If using split screen and the other app doesn't use an appropriate orientation, try leaving JBV1 set to auto orientation.

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
So, now I have a blue car. I have been thinking about one and now I have it. :)

Lars36

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
When I was an apprentice mechanic, I was regularly told that if I didn't know what something did, to leave it alone and ask. It saved me a lot of grief.
Exactly, no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid person not asking the question 🙄

LI2624

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Many (most?) apps won't display upside down by default in portrait orientation. If using split screen and the other app doesn't use an appropriate orientation, try leaving JBV1 set to auto orientation.

Thanks JB but I have tried Auto and same thing happens - JBV1 starts in landscape mode then when Waze opens, it switches to portrait mode.

918dad

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Is there a way to reverse the screen? I'd like to set it on my dash at night and have it reflect on the windshield like a HUD.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Is there a way to reverse the screen? I'd like to set it on my dash at night and have it reflect on the windshield like a HUD.
Not presently.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgtmac