V1 Companion iOS/iPhone V2.08 Discussion.

BagNDrag

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
V1 Companion Features
V1 Companion Website
V1 Companion App

Version 2.08
adds the following:
*** NEW FEATURES ***
Now featuring "Advanced False Assist", optimized filtering for each V1 generation, giving you:
• Advanced muting for your V1 Gen1 radar detector.
• Complimentary muting for your V1 Gen2 radar detector.
• BSM/CAS false muting.
• Ka false muting.
• 'Ghost' muting (for when you are stuck driving near a vehicle that is continuously emitting false signals).

Version 2.07 added the following:
• Added 'Reduce Speed' option (Voice Announcement and notification when set speed is reached).
• Added 'GPS Accuracy' to main display.

V1 Companion™'s muting systems have now been optimized specifically for each V1 generation. If you have a V1 Gen1 detector, new muting routines will give you some of the benefits of the advanced filtering seen from the next gen detectors available today. These new filters will mute unwanted signals, giving you a much quieter ride, while still enjoying your legacy detector.

Now, you can choose to run with hardware filters (such as Ka Guard) OFF to get the fastest response time possible while still having a software muting system in place to take care of pesky false alerts.

As part of this new muting system, a new feature called 'Ghost' muting will track possible false alerts from vehicles you are following or 'ghosting.' When 'Ghost' muting activates, it will mute the false alert's specific frequency from the vehicle, until you are no longer within range of it's false signals. Your phone will indicate each signal it is tracking by showing a 'Ghost' icon below the bogey counter on the main display. Now, you can drive near vehicles for extended periods of time having the peace and quiet you deserve. Don't worry, if another signal comes in with a different frequency while you are 'Ghost' muted, your detector will unmute and alert.

***BUG FIXES***
• Fixed an issue where Auto Mute after an Urgency Alert would fail.
• Fixed an issue where Auto Mute after a GPS Speed Mute would fail.

IMG_8800.PNG

IMG_8801.PNG

IMG_8973.PNG

Last edited:

steeltag

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
is this used instead of jbv1 app or in conjunction with it? is this one superior?

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@BagNDrag I used this app on a recent trip.
When it was in the background and google maps was up front, I would not get notifications. The app has permissions to notify. I also did a re-install and still same issue. Am I missing something?
Thanks.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
When it was in the background and google maps was up front, I would not get notifications. The app has permissions to notify. I also did a re-install and still same issue. Am I missing something?
Thanks.

Make sure you have background refresh enabled for the app. It may not be the solution, but just something to check.

BagNDrag

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks.
Hi @dudeinnz - I'll give that exact scenario a try and let you know what I find. Thanks for reporting the issue. What iPhone and iOS are you running? Thanks in advance.

Also, please check and make sure the "Banners" alert is checked in your notification settings for V1 Companion as shown below:

IMG_9686.jpg

-Mark

Last edited:

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hi @dudeinnz - I'll give that exact scenario a try and let you know what I find. Thanks for reporting the issue. What iPhone and iOS are you running? Thanks in advance.

Also, please check and make sure the "Banners" alert is checked in your notification settings for V1 Companion as shown below:

View attachment 181146
-Mark
Cheers,
Yes those are all checked.
IphoneX, ios 14.6

BagNDrag

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@dudeinnz - Ok, I have tested the notifications on 4 different iPhones. I unfortunately don't have an iPhone X, but I tried on an iPhone 7, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 mini and I get the notifications as shown below. Do you still hear the voice announcements for an alert even though you don't get the notifications, or do you not get either one?

IMG_9689.PNG

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@dudeinnz - Ok, I have tested the notifications on 4 different iPhones. I unfortunately don't have an iPhone X, but I tried on an iPhone 7, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 mini and I get the notifications as shown below. Do you still hear the voice announcements for an alert even though you don't get the notifications, or do you not get either one?

View attachment 181195
I hear the beeps on the V1, but nothing on my iphone. I will see if I can test it this weekend and get back to you.

BagNDrag

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I hear the beeps on the V1, but nothing on my iphone. I will see if I can test it this weekend and get back to you.
@dudeinnz - If it is just the audio that isn't playing, I'm guessing the volume for the app is turned way down or off. I really don't like the way iOS does volume for the apps. For example, when you have google maps running, the volume may be just fine as it is the primary app. The way I set the volume for background apps is like this. Run google maps and then power your V1. As soon as you see the V1 notification come down from the top of the screen showing it has connected, quickly press and hold the volume up button on your phone. This will raise the volume for the background app (in this case V1 Companion). You will then be able to hear the voice announcements from V1 Companion, while you are using Google maps. I hope this helps.

-Mark

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@dudeinnz - If it is just the audio that isn't playing, I'm guessing the volume for the app is turned way down or off. I really don't like the way iOS does volume for the apps. For example, when you have google maps running, the volume may be just fine as it is the primary app. The way I set the volume for background apps is like this. Run google maps and then power your V1. As soon as you see the V1 notification come down from the top of the screen showing it has connected, quickly press and hold the volume up button on your phone. This will raise the volume for the background app (in this case V1 Companion). You will then be able to hear the voice announcements from V1 Companion, while you are using Google maps. I hope this helps.

-Mark
Thanks mate. I wasn't able to test this weekend but another variable is that I am still on v4.1023.

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

-Mark
I updated to the latest V1G2 firmware. Factory reset. And bench tested.
Seems to be working now.
B2556934-2E67-4653-95E9-6607ABF40200.jpeg

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjhoser