Ordered a V1G2 Yesterday

knight_man

I wanna go fast
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I sold my R7 (2 or 3 times lol), am sending back the redline 360. I am keeping both of my V1g2.
Totally worth the wait. Just hang in there.
And you do NOT need a phone for this to be a great detector. I tried so hard and I cannot force myself to use a f***ing cell phone! Be true to thy self!
It works great, that isn’t my issue! It just isn’t required, and this detector is more than capable without it. Other than low speed muting (ironically the gen 2 needs it the least of all my detectors) I only like to use the app if I know I will be running hot with the windows down and radio up- I send alerts over the radio so I hear them. None of these things make enough noise to compete with triple digit AC systems. Hypothetically.

knight_man

I wanna go fast
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@knight_man. please elaborate about your R7 experiences as I have been seriously considering one
Long and short of it, for the price, and when they are working you almost can't go wrong with the R7. Tons of features and big easy display. Best in K right now. Was a bit noisy with falses compared to my V1g2 and slightly more noisy than the Redline 360 in my use and experience in my area. Range between the 3 for me has been V1>Redline>R7, but they all 3 perform about like, or better, than my original Redline. A little big as far as compared to other detectors, but still very light.

Overall not bad, but I wouldn't pay more than $400 for one.

Edit; and for the record I still pick the V1 gen 2 above anything else right now. It just works best for what I face on my home field.

Last edited:

spinner55

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I sold my R7 (2 or 3 times lol), am sending back the redline 360. I am keeping both of my V1g2.
Totally worth the wait. Just hang in there.
And you do NOT need a phone for this to be a great detector. I tried so hard and I cannot force myself to use a f***ing cell phone! Be true to thy self!
It works great, that isn’t my issue! It just isn’t required, and this detector is more than capable without it. Other than low speed muting (ironically the gen 2 needs it the least of all my detectors) I only like to use the app if I know I will be running hot with the windows down and radio up- I send alerts over the radio so I hear them. None of these things make enough noise to compete with triple digit AC systems. Hypothetically.

I like my Gen2. A lot less K band false alerts and lot better Ka range. (Yes I know - K IO is not the best - hoping they find a fix / upgrade for it)

I use my Samsung S6 tablet for a remote display. Plus it's in the car on long drives as a GPS / Map display. Just upgraded to a S6 so the hard of seeing navigator can see it better. We'll see how that goes with the new Ram Mount just installed.

Enjoy the new detectors - I've been getting some great range on them. Even the 35.5 off axis is better then the Gen1.

Spin

Last edited:

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
Your comments on my post asking about V1G2 v. R7 was part of what made me swing for it.

I've seen some legit 33.8 around Greensboro, and twice on 77
Yeah @Kennyc56 got me to ORDER YHE AWESOOOOME V1G2 as well 🤓🤓🤓🤗🤗

After TOTALLY FALLING IN LOOOOOOVE with my R7 ... AND HAD to sell my beloved Hott R3.

Thanks alot kenney 🤨🤨

No. THANK YOU 😍😍😍😍😍😍

They BOTH KICK @ss !!!!

Enjoy the smaller form factor of my V1G2 AND seamless integration with JBV1 and TMGs,
And of course SQUIRREL's INCREDIBLE V1 Frequency n Arrows CD 🤓🤓😍😍
Post automatically merged:

@knight_man. please elaborate about your R7 experiences as I have been seriously considering one
Read @benzr 's ode to R7.

It is an AWESOOOME DETECTOR !!

They BOTH ARE !!

B

Last edited:

cfdrift34

PSL +5.... ish
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Well, my G2 shipped yesterday and should be here tomorrow night! I'll update with pics when I get it, probably won't have time to hardwire it until this weekend.

Any NC guys have input on good settings to run?

cfdrift34

PSL +5.... ish
Intermediate User
Reaction score
And it's here!
03EAF010-12EC-4498-9438-C55A6DFD376B.jpeg

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hell yes! Congrats on the new Monster, I mean V1G2! All of the noise on K band nonwithstanding, NC is 34.7 and 35.5 I/O Hell, and nothing ever made can touch the G2 against it either straight on, over the hill and especially off axis both front and rear! You are going to love your new toy!

Yippeekyaa

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Well, my G2 shipped yesterday and should be here tomorrow night! I'll update with pics when I get it, probably won't have time to hardwire it until this weekend.

Any NC guys have input on good settings to run?
I use the geographic profiles on jbv1. My nc profile is a, all bogeys mode, no x, no k.

cfdrift34

PSL +5.... ish
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I use the geographic profiles on jbv1. My nc profile is a, all bogeys mode, no x, no k.
I am unfortunately on an iPhone right now... Going to see if I can hardwire my old Pixel into the car to run jbv1

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I am unfortunately on an iPhone right now... Going to see if I can hardwire my old Pixel into the car to run jbv1
Whatever you have to do to make JBV1 work will be worth it, just ask any one of us that are running it! I never drive one foot in my personal cars without it! Even when I run my R1/Redline-O "ghetto arrows" I still run JBV1 in standalone mode!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach Ron