Ordered a V1G2 Yesterday

omblee0624

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I ordered mine last Friday and went to check on the website just to see if the date for Backorder has moved and it's now showing May 7th... I'm so bad at this waiting thing for toys

AllspeedJeff

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I ordered mine last Friday and went to check on the website just to see if the date for Backorder has moved and it's now showing May 7th... I'm so bad at this waiting thing for toys
It’ll be worth the wait. Great detector

AllspeedJeff

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yeah I got JBV1 set up for the most part i think. So I'm pretty amped to get it and put it in the car. Kind of bummed though that blendmount is sold out of the V1 mounts for my car
The blendmount is cool, but I’ve always preferred my detector mounted high and tight.

Attachments

• EEFBCF5D-AFD5-40C1-A90C-16576B121AAF.jpeg
    EEFBCF5D-AFD5-40C1-A90C-16576B121AAF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33

cfdrift34

PSL +5.... ish
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You picked the ultimate Ka monster for NC! Ask me how I know! The V1G2 is a pure beast against every type of 34.7 and 35.5 alerts you will see, and believe me, you're going to see PLENTY! The G2 is so fast that I can't squeeze a shot past it, at least not Ka band. K band C/O is good as well but K band I/O is useless so be carefull untill VR fixes this! You will get a steady diet of point blank 34.7 and 35.5 I/O from these Troopers and I've heard some of them are shooting 33.8 as well, although I've never seen it in eastern NC. The V1G2 is incredible at sniffing out those insanely far away off axis I/O Ka shots for miles! You made a great choice! Mine blows my mind with every 34.7 and 35.5 alert I get. And don't even get me started on JBV1, it's incredible!
Your comments on my post asking about V1G2 v. R7 was part of what made me swing for it.

I've seen some legit 33.8 around Greensboro, and twice on 77

omblee0624

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
The blendmount is cool, but I’ve always preferred my detector mounted high and tight.
Yeah I'm thinking about that now too since I can run JBV1 as the "display" so to speak and don't really need to see the detector much. I guess the good think about the blendmount being on back order is I'll be forced a bit to go with the suction cups and see if that will work for me

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Your comments on my post asking about V1G2 v. R7 was part of what made me swing for it.

I've seen some legit 33.8 around Greensboro, and twice on 77
I've tested and run several R7's, and they are great detectors, but the V1G2 is quite a bit better against all of Ka band and spanks it on off axis both front and rear! The R7 on the other hand spanks the G2 against K band pretty badly on Q/T and I/O shots. Lucky for me I never have to deal with K band in my area period! When we go out of my comfort zone I run one of my R1's with my G2 for K band since it's a pitbull against K band in any form! They play very well together too BTW. Hopefully VR will give us an update to fix K band very soon! You're going to love your V1G2! I can't wait to see your reaction to one of those crazy @ss multi-mile 34.7 or 35.5 off axis around a curve or over the hill I/O shots! If you see 34.7 or 35.5, it's not a false, even if it takes several minutes to find it!

Last edited:

cfdrift34

PSL +5.... ish
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I've tested and run several R7's, and they are great detectors, but the V1G2 is quite a bit better against all of Ka band and spanks it on off axis both front and rear! The R7 on the other hand spanks the G2 against K band pretty badly on Q/T and I/O shots. Lucky for me I never have to deal with K band in my area period! When we go out of my comfort zone I run one of my R1's with my G2 for K band since it's a pitbull against K band in any form! They play very well together too BTW. Hopefully VR will give us an update to fix K band very soon! You're going to love your V1G2! I can't wait to see your reaction to one of those crazy @ss multi-mile 34.7 or 35.5 off axis around a curve or over the hill I/O shots! If you see 34.7 or 35.5, it's not a false, even if it takes several minutes to find it!
Funny how you mentioned 33.8 yesterday... I was on 485 in the University area going to work this morning, and saw a cop marked on Waze. Get closer and get I/O'd with 33.8. My windows are so dark that I couldn't find where he was in the dark without lights on, but he was definitely there and it was definitely legit from how the signal come on.

Not a mile later I started getting a 34.7 signal, and another mile and a half later a motorcycle had a car pulled over

Rocket Jockey

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Well, after a month or two of internal debate and reading replies to my thread in the General RD section, I decided on the V1 over the R7. Placed my order yesterday. Not sure when it'll ship, but I'm excited! I've run the Redline-O for about 7 years, so it'll be a nice change and update to current technology. I had the original V1 a while ago and ran it along with the RL-O.

I've read a lot on setup for the V1G2, watched Vortex's videos. If any of you fellow NC drivers have any advice on setup for NC (to be more specific, the Charlotte to Greensboro region), I'd appreciate it! After reading through Vortex's stuff, I'm surprised, somewhat disappointed, but also relieved that the G2 doesn't require as much setup as the G1.

I'll update once I get it!
I Just Came Through NC Tuesday From DC To Jim Hudson GMC!
And! Arrived This Morning In Tampa!

North Carolina: Was Just 2/5/8: With Segment 6 Sometimes!
NOW: North Carolina: 2/4*/5/6*/8: Segments 4 & 6-FULL Time!
Drift-Low & Drift-High of the Stalker Spectrum!...

I Updated A PDF From Vortex! And! Mushin!

Checkout These Postings On North Carolina Regulatory Enforcement;

Ka Segmentation-PDF;

Lars36

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Good luck with your decision.
Received mine Monday.
Will be installed Sunday w/Blendmount and mirror tap.
Excited to see how everything goes with JBV1.
Your going to love your V1 Gen2.

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Congrats on the new V1. Enjoy!

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I wonder how many Gen 2 users have actually been pinged by K band I/O or C/O due to it not alerting in time?
That's a damn good question! If @VariableWave wouldn't have stayed after me, I would have never tested my V1G2 against K band because I hate K band so much! I just assumed it was the same as my V1G1 was against my Genesis II. WRONG! There is no comparison! The V1G1 smokes I/O K band from any gun you shoot it with before you can get the button released, while the G2 just sits there like a dud not even making a peep unless you hold the button down for THREE SECONDS or even more! Then I can switch over to 35.5 and the G2 is incredible and impossible for me to get even one shot past it, at least with my unit and remote. It's hard to believe it's even the same detector! Make no mistake, just as soon as someone with a V1G2 faces a skilled shooter with a Genesis II on K band they will get blistered guaranteed! Even when the Ka ramp sucked at first, it was still lightning fast, it just had no sense of urgency. This is much worse!

Last edited:

cfdrift34

PSL +5.... ish
Intermediate User
Reaction score
For reference, I ordered on the 9th and got charged on Friday with it shipped on Monday
I ordered on the 12th, still haven't been charged for it

omblee0624

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I ordered on the 12th, still haven't been charged for it
I'd say then it'd be worth while to just give them a call. It could be something as silly as your card issuer flagging the purchase or something and they didn't send you a notification

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgtmac