Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne77

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It's not just chips. There are delays on everything. I bought a new swing set for my daughter in February, supposed to ship within 2 weeks (lol), now they are telling me May. I bought a dishwasher in November. They pushed it out several times before finally making me take a full refund because they have no clue when they will get it. I just read Lazy Boy is quoting 5-9 months on furniture. Building a house? Expect a delay, buying a hot tub? Expect to wait up to 12 months. At this point anyone who questions these delays isn't paying attention. Or simply trolling.

MikePA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'm sure there are plenty of good reasons for Theia to have missed its initially scheduled release due to a Global Pandemic, but, some form of small progress update to satiate a very thirsty customer base
It is not the 'customer base' who are thirsty, it is just a few people who would not be satiated with even a weekly update since, until the chip shortage is resolved, the update would be 'No Change'.

rather than "you'll be the first to know, just sign up to our email list", is likely substantially more effective at reducing these types of threads imo.
Self control and the application of logic is even more effective than...

theia_fit.jpg

Last edited:

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Hi guys,

you all probably know by now I like to ask straight forward questions and I came to the point where I am going to ask where is Theia and why it s been so long since the announcement of it to the vaporspace we are in right now?
I personally dont have anything against Theia or Radenso I am just asking a legit question?
There are still people who are waiting with their first radar detector purchase to buy Theia when it comes out (I think this is nonsense as any detectors that comes out is just like beta for the next year or so, think about Uniden, still cant get their mind together to dial in MRCD detection after several years) as tons and tons of ppl suggested to wait till Theia is out and those posts are 1+ year old.
So I am asking questions for the silent ones. Where is Theia?

We have explained several times why. Everything is out of our hands due to parts shortages and we are not going to show videos until we are absolutely sure of a release date so we don’t share too much that competitors can see too early.

It seems most people on this forum do not understand we are not some huge global corporation. We have around 10 employees total and we trying to create hardware and software from scratch. If we could release Theia now, we would. Instead we are doing our best with that we have so that we can keep our jobs. I thought of the idea of the mailing list so people wouldn’t feel they would be left out of any updates from the company but that doesn’t seem to please anyone here. At this point, anything we say is met with skepticism and negativity even when we are honest and trying to keep everyone updated.

So again, as soon as we have a update we can pubically inform everyone of... we will announce it like we usually do via our mailing list, social media and creating a new topic. Until then, stay safe out there.

ILS27L

Show Me State
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
1. Take your time and build Theia as best you can.
2. I will be patiently waiting for the release.

What I find strange is the people that feel they are owed something in regards to an upcoming product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dk919