Where is Theia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaileyAB

Whats PSL? Autobahn bro, A.U.T.O.B.A.H.N.!!!!!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

you all probably know by now I like to ask straight forward questions and I came to the point where I am going to ask where is Theia and why it s been so long since the announcement of it to the vaporspace we are in right now?
I personally dont have anything against Theia or Radenso I am just asking a legit question?
There are still people who are waiting with their first radar detector purchase to buy Theia when it comes out (I think this is nonsense as any detectors that comes out is just like beta for the next year or so, think about Uniden, still cant get their mind together to dial in MRCD detection after several years) as tons and tons of ppl suggested to wait till Theia is out and those posts are 1+ year old.
So I am asking questions for the silent ones. Where is Theia?

BaileyAB

Whats PSL? Autobahn bro, A.U.T.O.B.A.H.N.!!!!!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hard to believe chip shortage is real when all other major electronics brands keep throwing new models out.

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Lots of other companies reporting they have the same issues including car companies, Google's next phone Pixel 5A, even small companies like the one making my AA Wireless adapter have cut back production as they can't get parts they've already paid for.

Lots there with a Google search.

Last edited:

elantra04

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The delay is likely a combination of factors — component shortages and development delays (perhaps issues were uncovered in beta testing). No one knows for sure.

Mythic01

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Really starting to look like a lot of hype with nothing of substance to show for it.
But please do prove me wrong Radenso, please do

thesilverbullet

Clemson Tigers
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
automotive customers account for less than 10 percent

Some companies have fared better than others. Toyota, for example, requires suppliers to stockpile two to six months of parts as a buffer against supply chain problems. The company developed the plan in the wake of the Fukushima earthquake in 2011, and it has left the company producing when others have idled some plants.

so much for “just in time” supply chain strategy

Mythic01

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Oh dear God, not another one of these Why isn't Theia for sale yet? threads.
I'm sure there are plenty of good reasons for Theia to have missed its initially scheduled release due to a Global Pandemic, but, some form of small progress update to satiate a very thirsty customer base rather than "you'll be the first to know, just sign up to our email list", is likely substantially more effective at reducing these types of threads imo.

Last edited:

Maz3

Intermediate User
Reaction score
Really starting to look like a lot of hype with nothing of substance to show for it.
But please do prove me wrong Radenso, please do
So Ford, GM, Google, Apple et al are part of the hype supporting there's nothing to it, and yet a comparatively small company should be immune to these big company supply issues?

I'm confused as to the reasoning, or did I miss something...

This topic is like a runaway stock that needs to be halted before it gets out of control - again 🤣

Last edited:

Mythic01

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
So Ford, GM, Google, Apple et al are part of the hype supporting there's nothing to it, and yet a comparatively small company should be immune to these big company supply issues?

I'm confused as to the reasoning, or did I miss something...

This topic is like a runaway stock that needs to be halted before it gets out of control - again 🤣
I believe you when you say there are supply chain issues. That said, when is the last time we had any kind of a progress update on Theia? Theia was supposed to be released by end of December, and the official word was Theia would be released by then right up until the last minute when it clearly wasn't going to happen...All I'm saying is the communication really isn't there lately and I'm skeptical that this project will be coming to fruition anytime soon.

Maz3

Intermediate User
Reaction score
I believe you when you say there are supply chain issues. That said, when is the last time we had any kind of a progress update on Theia? Theia was supposed to be released by end of December, and the official word was Theia would be released by then right up until the last minute when it clearly wasn't going to happen...All I'm saying is the communication really isn't there lately and I'm skeptical that this project will be coming to fruition anytime soon.
But that's all old news, five times over in as many different threads. Radenso has said they'll update when there's something to update.

Chip shortage hasn't abated, so no update.

Last edited:

Mythic01

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
But that's all old news, five times over in as many different threads. Radenso have said they'll update when there's something to update.

Chip shortage hasn't abated, so no update.
Yep.
Despite any chip shortage, if the project really is where it should be, there ought to be something more that Radenso could share with us but for reasons is choosing not to.
Anyhow, I will remove myself and my skepticism from this thread and go bury my head in the sand until such a time I receive the email notification that Theia is ready for purchase....

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In December they confirmed the release was delayed due to a multitude of reasons, some related to health and employees working from home. They also said then they would be releasing more videos after the new year, but also mentioned they are reluctant to share too much as competitors are watching everything they disclose. Covid sucks, it has impacted so many people businesses travel and what we took for granted in day to day life. I am sure they are are extremely frustrated with the interruptions and will share more as soon as they can. In the meantime, there is a great choice of legacy detectors available.

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
As far as the world shortage of chips goes, my wife and I were looking at Lincoln SUVs a couple weeks ago and the salesman told us the reason they have so few is because of the shortage. And they really had a small selection.
Does that spill over into small electronics? I would think so.

Nine_C1

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
1618034942337.png

I'm not here to toot my own horn or advise you drink the kool-aid, because truth be told, I fell into the punch bowl a few days ago myself and drank every last drop (and the shit was spiked)!

Not my place to steal another's thunder or talk about things not yet disclosed. But for the benefit of this forum and as one of the shepards of the herd, I tell you things have not been idle at Radenso. What I saw months ago of the internals was intriguing and amazing..........and what I saw more recently is unlike anything I've ever seen inside a detector. Nobody does this.

Jon is nothing short of being a maniac totally obsessed with perfecting every possible detail in the fabrication of this detector. Of that I am now convinced. And I'm also convinced that the design has reached it's pinnacle and in fact we are waiting for that boat load of parts out of China.

It's going to be shock and awe folks if it performs only half as good as it looks under the covers. My advice is simply this..........save your money!

Last edited:

fishing66

Lord of the Pies
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
count.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics