Tesla Model 3 ordered! Help me with my ALP setup.

STS-134

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Is there any place in front of the windshield just above the hood, overtop of any climate system air intakes?
Trying to think outside of the box, but if this is correct then raising the white flag.
The climate control air intake is actually underneath the hood, right above the frunk. It is completely hidden from view when the hood is closed.

Tesla Model 3 Frunk.jpg

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think a 3RX with a vanity plate frame holding the center RX is the best non-invasive option then.

OhMyVa

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Bump for actual install pics...I have a model Y and was considering trying some laser countermeasures...even though I see radar 90% of the time around here.

The stinger could work with some of the Tesla panel gaps :)

Helicapt

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but experienced ALP'ers may have some insight.
3 RX setup: Don't all 3 fire at same time?
If all 3 are down low inside grill, won't they too close together, less inches apart than minimum recommended?
What happens if the center RX is moved up, inside, to either the locations in red, that allows the car to pick up lidar as he crests a hill?
As long as you get reception, you have 3 RX all firing? Am I remembering wrong how 3 RX responds?

View attachment 177134
Did you ever install the ALP system in the model 3? I’m looking to do the same or install the Stinger brand.

OhMyVa

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
The Stinger fiber heads are perfect for something like a Tesla, but it sure doesn’t seem like it’s well supported, so bump for some updates on ALP

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Did you ever install the ALP system in the model 3? I’m looking to do the same or install the Stinger brand.
I wasn't the one with the Tesla.
Model 3 has some cosmetic challenges, especially when the car is anything other than black.

Helicapt

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I wasn't the one with the Tesla.
Model 3 has some cosmetic challenges, especially when the car is anything other than black.
Ya. Thinking of installing the stinger laser jammer for that reason

thefrog1394

Cruise Control PSL+9
Intermediate User
Reaction score
No install yet, but I do have the car now. I'll get around to it one of these days and hopefully get the 3RX low in the grill setup tested.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrinaMinyard