Uniden RLC DB update 04/06/2021

oversteer325

Caution, Anchor May Drop Suddenly
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Looks like Uniden posted an updated RLC Speed Cam db on their site.
0FB6BFBA-3D01-4074-A163-5534CE8FED41.jpeg

Marcodo

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just for my own info, is there any trick to updating the database if you don't need the firmware update?

oversteer325

Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Just for my own info, is there any trick to updating the database if you don't need the firmware update?
They can be applied individually. You just point the Uniden firmware installer program to the RLC DB file that you downloaded and extracted instead of the full firmware file.

YelloEye

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
They can be applied individually. You just point the Uniden firmware installer program to the RLC DB file that you downloaded and extracted instead of the full firmware file.
I assume to apply it and a firmware update you'd want to apply the firmware, then DB update correct?

This is one of those times when I wish the R7 had WiFi and BT. Probably the only shortcoming I'm seeing on it right now.

YelloEye

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Follow up question, if just a DB update is applied, should we still be doing a factory reset?

Marcodo

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Updated the DB yesterday without a hitch. Just out of curiosity, is there a way to confirm the database has been entered? The installer program said all is well but does the R7 show it anywhere?

oversteer325

Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Updated the DB yesterday without a hitch. Just out of curiosity, is there a way to confirm the database has been entered? The installer program said all is well but does the R7 show it anywhere?
In the menu on the detector, the last few pages show the current version of the Firmware and the DB.

rwsmith123

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
How long does it take for new cameras to make into the database? Is there a way to report new ones to Uniden? Raleigh has added about 1/2 dozen sometime last year, this update doesn’t have them yet (at least the 2 closest to me).

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danimajado