help! update firmaware 129 plus on mac

anselansel

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
HI just got a a129 plus and tried to update it. The file is a bin file and my mac (m1) says it cant open bin files. whats the best way to update the dash cam on my mac. Thanks in advance for your help

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
You don't open the bin file directly. You simply copy the bin file to onto the camera SD card. You can also plug the camera into the computer with the USB cord that comes with it. It will power on into a storage access mode. Then you can copy the file onto the new drive that shows up in your computer, which will be the microSD card inside the camera. After you copy the file over, you take your camera back outside to your car, and power it up. It will update itself when it powers on, and will reboot 2 or 3 times until it is finished.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
With the A129 series dashcams, you just drop the .bin file onto a MicroSD card which you pop into the dashcam. There's no need to open anything on any computer.

The instructions on their firmware download page where you grabbed the firmware files are helpful too.

How to update:
  1. Download and copy the FWA129S.bin to the microSD card (Please format the card as FAT32 file system first).
  2. Connect the front camera with a car charger, it will start to upgrade the front camera automatically. After the front camera upgraded, the camera will restart automatically. The REC LED will be blinking while upgrading.

anselansel

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
With the A129 series dashcams, you just drop the .bin file onto a MicroSD card which you pop into the dashcam. There's no need to open anything on any computer.

The instructions on their firmware download page where you grabbed the firmware files are helpful too.
thanks but my mac doesnt have a slot for an sd card

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
thanks but my mac doesnt have a slot for an sd card
Neither does mine. Some older ones do, but in general you'll need to get a USB card reader. There's thousands of different ones to choose from on Amazon. Many dashcams even come with an adapter in the box. I don't remember off the top of my head if the A129's do too.

anselansel

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Neither does mine. Some older ones do, but in general you'll need to get a USB card reader. There's thousands of different ones to choose from on Amazon. Many dashcams even come with an adapter in the box. I don't remember off the top of my head if the A129's do too.
Ok i will get one. Thanks for your help i enjoy your YouTube videos

d18ge

Gadget Lover
General User
Reaction score

Thanks for the link to the Viofo download site. I downloaded the latest firmware and followed the instructions to update the camera. Worked like a charm.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49