Radar Detector Recommendation for Whitelinecreep

Whitelinecreep

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
What kind of vehicle you have?
Large car. Live stock relocation is the game

Do you want a remote mount or windshield mount detector?
Windshield, Remote Mount

What's your budget?
$3000

Where do you live and where do you primarily drive?
Iowa and all 48

How do you drive?
Depends speed demon past dark

What is your daily drive like?
All day er day

How long you have been using countermeasures, if at all?
Since I could drive

What is the terrain like where you normally drive?
Ummmm everything

Are there red light and/or speed cams in your area?
No

Do you need / prefer a GPS enabled unit?
Yes

Are you willing/do you want to use your phone to pair with the RD?
Yes

What kind of device do you own or would use for your detector?
Android, iOS, Windows Mobile

Do you face MRCD and/or MRCT in your area?
Yes

If you have any preconceived notions or thoughts about RDs, please tell us how long you've been using RDs or other units? etc. -- or any other relevant info you think might be important, let us know that as well.
This is highly frowned upon so discretion

nomore55

PSL +10%
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Whitey, welcome aboard!!

Are you able to share what you are driving and what your preferred rate of speed is? Don't answer if uncomfortable...

Whitelinecreep

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Whitey, welcome aboard!!

Are you able to share what you are driving and what your preferred rate of speed is? Don't answer if uncomfortable...
Post automatically merged:

Whitey, welcome aboard!!

Try and keep avg moving speed of 70 or better on my 1k mile trips

Attachments

• Resized_20210328_202016.jpeg
    Resized_20210328_202016.jpeg
    880.7 KB · Views: 7

nomore55

PSL +10%
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Someone will need to jump in here and discuss what's realistic in a truck. I sure don't know the laws and regs, but seem to recall u dont want to be caught with it.

There are certainly devices out there with great sensitivity and are undetectable by RDD.

Signal Environment

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Definitely seems like there would be some unique challenges in a big truck, mostly centered around the legality issue, so you'd def want something as stealthy as possible.

Something like a V1G2 paired JBV1 is touted as very good for overall situation awareness, and has the ability to change detector settings based on speed and geographic location. So that might be handy for someone who drives all over the country. Remote display available so you can have the alerts appear somewhere that isn't visible from other vehicles. Or if you're running the app the alerts can show up on your phone. And the V1G2 is stealth to radar detector-detectors.

Not sure how the arrow feature would function in a big rig. Probably not very well with the lack of rear windshield view, but I'm just guessing. Doesn't mean you couldn't run a detector with arrows, but it might not be as big of a plus.

Maybe someone with similar experience can chime in on what the current wisdom is among truckers.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Definitely seems like there would be some unique challenges in a big truck, mostly centered around the legality issue, so you'd def want something as stealthy as possible.

Something like a V1G2 paired JBV1 is touted as very good for overall situation awareness, and has the ability to change detector settings based on speed and geographic location. So that might be handy for someone who drives all over the country. Remote display available so you can have the alerts appear somewhere that isn't visible from other vehicles. Or if you're running the app the alerts can show up on your phone. And the V1G2 is stealth to radar detector-detectors.

Not sure how the arrow feature would function in a big rig. Probably not very well with the lack of rear windshield view, but I'm just guessing. Doesn't mean you couldn't run a detector with arrows, but it might not be as big of a plus.

Maybe someone with similar experience can chime in on what the current wisdom is among truckers.
@Freebird

nomore55

PSL +10%
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
My first thought was one of the Radenso units given a compact size and stealthyness.

What is the actual penalty if one is caught with a device?

Rags

Tumbleweed
Advanced User
Reaction score
My first thought is the V1G2 as it's easier to conceal than other stealth detectors, has very easy to interpret display, and is stealth. Also being a truck driver, it's likely you already stream with your phone, so it would be seemless to get the added benefits of the advanced connectivity that it offers.

Whitelinecreep

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I'll jump in here and say I fully understand the risk of having one in a truck. I'm not a new to this game by any means. I do use hwy radar and waze.Currently run a r3 for range, takes a min to slow up 80k!
Post automatically merged:

My first thought was one of the Radenso units given a compact size and stealthyness.

What is the actual penalty if one is caught with a device?
Varying state to state.

Last edited:

nomore55

PSL +10%
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well, the Uniden R3 is probably the best value in the USA at the moment. I don't know how much better you are going to do in terms of absolute range. I guess the only very minor concern I'd share would be against the RDD equipment. Maybe the Radenso unit would help you there as well as having better BSM rejection, people report.

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
I would bet @Freebird could give you some advice. Same basic occupation but I think pulls different type loads.

bluehemi

4 more years 🤣
Advanced User
Reaction score
I run big trucks, I ran the v1g2 in it but rear arrows are useless due to the trailer blocking the signal, same with the r7, had a 13 mile detection with the v1 in the truck picking up las vegas metro pd

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49